Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • The Independent are saying that Boris is dropping the promise of not allowing US chlorinated chicken, hormone-fed beef and so on.   https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/chlorinated-chicken-us-trade-talks-boris-johnson-trump-a9549656.html#gsc.tab=0
    • The problem with these small debt amounts is that they can hang around like a bad smell. Every now and again you will start to receive letters followed by phone calls. Then it will go quiet and you will have another debt company chasing you. This could go on for many years.   Ignore DCBL as advised.   Send a complaint letter to ELE/Engie, asking why they have asked DCBL to chase a debt, when ELE have never sent any such bill to you. Then explain that you received a final bill relating to address xxxx and you paid it. If somehow there had been a billing error, ELE were advised of your new address, so they should have written to you at the new address.        
    • Of course it could be the same company trading under variations of the same name in order to dilute their bad reputation. In terms of the money you paid, section 15 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act says that where a price for services has not been agreed then a reasonable price will be implied. I gather from what you have told us that they give you the price in advance and you agreed. I'm afraid that on this point, you would be bound to pay the price because contract law does not help people to make good bargains. It simply requires the people stick by the bargains they have made. On the other hand, if they undertook to do a certain job of work and to achieve a certain result – and that result wasn't achieved then you certainly have an action against them. The problem is that a company like this may be difficult to get hold of unless they have got a very clear office or workplace and some assets. The second problem is that you would probably be required to have given plumbforce the opportunity to come back and try again – and unfortunately you didn't do that. This means you tried to make a claim against them, they would probably argue that these plumbing problems they always take one or two goes to fix and that a reasonable person would give them an opportunity to sort it out before going elsewhere. I'm sure you're absolutely right and these people are completely overpriced – and it seems that they have done a bad job – and of course the reviews don't do them any favours. However, I think you're going have difficulty getting your money back on this – although if you want to try, will be very happy to help you – but I'm sure that it will go to a small claim in the County Court. Of course this would be an interesting exercise for you if you have the energy. It's quite simple – but of course you do risk your claim fee and your hearing fee if you lose. I can imagine that if you produced evidence of their reputation and what has happened in court that the judge will be disposed to find in your favour regardless of the arguments which I have suggested that they might put forward. The final risk could be that they would say that you are only entitled to recover the cost of the second plumber required to finish the job that you had paid Plumbforce for. In other words about a hundred quid. It's not a bad argument – I don't know if it is a winning argument – and as I probably wouldn't bother to be represented, they might not think of it for themselves. However, I'm just letting you know of all the possibilities in this problem. Of course I think one of the lessons view is to make sure that you get at least two quotes for everything – even if it seems to be an emergency. When your new home, it's worth making sure that you gather a list of reliable support services – either from your experience or from the experience of neighbours who will already have been through it. That way you can be reasonably certain that if you have any other problems with heating or lighting or water – et cetera, you will have one or two numbers to hand that you can call on with a certain amount of confidence.
    • Stores around the world have been forced to shut their doors due to the virus pandemic. View the full article
    • The drugs giant says it can double the production of a potential vaccine after backing by Bill Gates. View the full article
  • Our picks


Anthony Taylor v Barclays

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4901 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Anthony Taylor v Barclays


Claim number: 6QZ85478

Issued: 20/11/06

Court: Northampton

Charges: £4,998.60

Interest: £446.59

Costs: £250.00

Total Claim: £5,445.19

Very, very nervous. Just ordered the small claims book. Was offered £1,000 from barclays, but declined. Just waiting now.:confused:

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Luck, you will do fine. Don't worry about it. I just had an offer and have declined it now. You won't be too far off now.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"


My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello. An update!!


Received my allocation questionnaire today (N150). Bit stuck on filling it in. Have gone through it with the online help. When It states what witnesses do I intend to call, (and I have to put myself), it says 'Witnesses to which facts' , what do i put there???? Also, bit confused with the proposed directions. Should I fill in a list of directions or the CPR part 28 or PF52 and if so where do I find them.


Grateful for any help, probably me, just being a bit dim. Sorry. :o

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some useful links.


Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Data Protection non Compliance

Witness Statements for Court Bundle

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

Step By Step Instructions


Remember: The Ark was built by amateurs-The Titanic by professionals.


Please click my scales if you find my advice helpful !


If your claim is successful, please donate 5% so that it can continue to help others.


Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.



Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ukaviator.


Yes, already used that when filling in the aq. Still stuck on the two points above tho. The completion guide, makes no reference as to what I put what it asks 'Witness to which facts' box??. Also kinda sorted the proposed questions bit after spending the last three hours reading thru the forums. So much help out there. But on the N150 form, Item F, it asks if I have attached a list of directions. I am going to attach the 'new strategy for allocation questions'. but it then goes on to ask 'If yes, have they been agreed with the other party?'. I presume I answer no to this?


Hope the above makes sense!!!!


Thanks for any help offered.:confused:

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi moved your posts to Barclays thread you should get help and assistance here

Have a happy and prosperous 2013 by avoiiding Payday loans. If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Advice offered by Martin3030 is not supported by any legal training or qualification.Members are advised to use the services of fully insured legal professionals when needed.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...