Sapp Vs Barclays

ricmic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have filed claim through MCOL and barclays have acknowledged and stated that they will 100% defend.

The date of service was 11th december 2006, so as I understand it they have 28 days to file their defence.

I am a bit confused , the complete sum including 8% interest and MCOL fee is just over £5000.

MCOL website states that they cannot process the claim any further and that it will dealt with by a local court via fast track system.

Can anyone advise on the fast track system ? I looked at the help pages supplied by the courts and they seemed to show that it can take a long time.

• 1 month later...

This is the current status of my Claim against Barclays.

I have now had a court date set for 4th May 2007 , my claim was allocated to the small clams track , even though it exceeded £5000.

The judge has accepted the proposed directions that I got from the CAG ( excellent).

However I have recieved a termination notice from barclays and I am not sure how to deal with it. I was planning to call them and deny that I owe them any money , my claim far exceeds the amount that us covered by the termination notice.

Has anyone got any thoughts?

Regards

Hi, sorry to sound thick, but a termination notice? Are they closing your accounts? If so then are they doing this because you are taking action or because your account is not running how they would like it to. Either way I would probably give them a call. I think they will not listen to the fact that they owe you more, the only time they will take that into account is when it suits them, ie when they pay you out they will try and offset it against your debt. But it seems unfair they can have both ways. I am in a fairly similar position, my date is 13 April, I have pre-empted Barclays and moved banks, I owe them money, but I have payment arrangement in place and I will be insisting on a cheque when the time comes, I breifly mentioned this to Anthony Lombardi on Friday and he said that would be fine. they owe me more than I owe them, but I want to be the one who decides where my money goes, after all they don't give us the choice when they take it.

Open another account, (if not already done) just in case and phone to try to see why they are doing this.

good luck, keep in touch because we seem to be in a similar place

Captital One :) :Settled in full at LBA £676.00

Barclays 1 :rolleyes:

05/01/06.

Court date set 13th April

Barclays 2 :rolleyes:

Barclay Card::p

Monument: :p

All my cases are being heard at the same time for 2.5 hours

• 2 months later...

Status of case at present . Have court date ( small tracks) 4th May 2007 . I have had default notice on my current account, could do with some advice as how to remove this? Called Barclays today and they have stated that an offer will be with me in the next 2 days.

Will review offer and then attempt to negotiate and settlement.