BankFodder BankFodder

diabolical

Around £200m claimed back...

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4837 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Millions going down the drain | This is Money

"There are no official figures for the number of customers that have successfully reclaimed bank charges imposed for slipping accidentally overdrawn over the last six years. However, evidence from campaign groups such as the Consumer Action Group puts the figure at around £200m for around 20,000 consumers that have complained."

:-)

Halifax - Credit Card: 14/11/06 sent S.A.R, 29/12/06 sent Prelim, 11/01/07 1st bog-off received, 15/01/07 LBA sent, 01/02/2007 MCOL started for £1801 (inc court costs and 8% int.), 02/02/2007 MCOL cancelled... , 09/06/2007 Court claim started, 01/06/2007 Claim Acknowledged, 07/06/2007 Claim concluded, £1540 to be reimbursed into CC account.

GE Capital Bank Ltd - Storecards (3): 11/06/07 sent S.A.R, 15/06/07 Acknowledgement of S.A.R received

GE Capital Bank Ltd - Wife's Storecards (2): not started yet...

Nationwide - Current A/C: not started yet...

Lloyds TSB Bank Ltd - Current A/C: not started yet...

Lloyds TSB Bank Ltd - Business A/C: not started yet...

and the rest I haven't remembered so far... : not started yet...

Millions going down the drain | This is Money

"There are no official figures for the number of customers that have successfully reclaimed bank charges imposed for slipping accidentally overdrawn over the last six years. However, evidence from campaign groups such as the Consumer Action Group puts the figure at around £200m for around 20,000 consumers that have complained."

:-)

Thank God for CAG as without this wonderfull group too many of us would not have been able to recover those charges.

While any news is good news, I cant see it being 200,000,000 for 20,000 customers.

That means that each customer has AVERAGED 10k each. Think it might be nearer 20,000,000

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

While any news is good news, I cant see it being 200,000,000 for 20,000 customers.

That means that each customer has AVERAGED 10k each. Think it might be nearer 20,000,000

Perhaps the members and there families have had many accounts between them, I am dealing with both mine and my husbands accounts and there are still many many people out there who have not started claiming yet.

DS

According to this site, 6 million has been recovered. Lets say 20% fill the survey that would account for 30 million. And I think thats generous.

They say "However, evidence from campaign groups such as the Consumer Action Group puts the figure at around £200m for around 20,000 consumers that have complained"

The site at posting quotes 5713479 for 4543 people

20,000/4543 is 4.4

5713479X4.4 is 25 million so there statistic they quote as from this site do not add up.

This sites figures show that the average claim is 1257 so for this article to claim the average is 800% more is, IMHO, without foundation.

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth