BankFodder BankFodder

Fullyskinted

CRA contact required. ANyone got any pointers?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4842 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have today recieved a letter from MBNA as follows:

"Despite recent reminders, we have not yet recieved your payment of £xxx.xx to bring your account up to date. You need to clear the arrears, as another payment will fall due soon.

Making this payment will ensure we report your account to the Credit Reference Agency as 'up to date', making life easier for you to obtain credit in future for a mortgage, car, or a personal loan.

You can pay via....

Blah Blah Blah....

Patricia Brassil Poole."

I have a similar letter from RBS - but with RBS its a bigger sum - even though Ive made payments of approximately 25% of what was owed (£400)

Now yesterday I sent off CCA / SAR requests from both these companies. I have read on other threads that if the acct is in dispute then a default or CRA referral cannot be made. Is this the case? If so, how do I contact the CRA (does anyone have a contact/address there) and ask them to treat the accounts I have just sent CCA/SARs off for to be regarded as being in dispute until further information is obtained from the respective compnies? It would do two things. a) It would stop them issuing these threats and / or defaults. b) It may well buck their ideas up wrt issuing me the details I have just requested (thats assuming I covered a copy of the letter sent to the CRA to the persons concerned at the credit card compnies...

What say you oh wise peeps???

Im listening, as always...

FS :)

Barclays :- Settled March 07:o

RBS:- Acct Discharged May 07 :o (chase for more and CRA deletion???):confused:

Barclaycard: - CCA recieved 24/1/07. WOW! :o (GITS!!!) :-|

Bump :)

Barclays :- Settled March 07:o

RBS:- Acct Discharged May 07 :o (chase for more and CRA deletion???):confused:

Barclaycard: - CCA recieved 24/1/07. WOW! :o (GITS!!!) :-|