Moontrev sends the bailiffs into Abbey

moontrev
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thought you may be encouraged by the following:

Inital letter 25th April 06, usual reply from DL Piper.

Offered 50% settlement in June 06, this was declined.

Usual LBA etc, resulted in a preliminary hearing on 4th October, I attended, they didn't.

Abbey wrote to me on 23/08/06 asking for their cheques, cards etc to be returned, this request was fully compied with.

Further threatening letter on 07/09/06 threatening to impose a credit default notice, and refer my case to a DEBT COLLECTION AGENCY, AS THE ACCOUNT WAS £112.35 OVERDRAWN, all of this was of course charges.

Letter from DL Piper on 29th September offering full & final settlement (£506.00 plus £80.00 court fees)

This they duly paid into the closed account, and they wrote to the court stating they had settled in full.

Further court date of 30th November arrived, where I stated that they had paid the money into an account to which I had no access (showing the judge the letters from Abbey asking for cheque books etc back).

The Judge then ordered that "1 The defendant do pay £586.00 in respect of this claim and costs, on or before 14th December 2006!

"2 In default of payment the claimant do have permission to enforce the order"

Needless to say the Abbey didn't cough up, so on 21.12.06 I executed the warrant, which cost me £55.00, so now the bailiffs are going in to collect my £641.00 for me.

Needless to say that since starting my campaign the bank have continued to impose charges on the account, so claims 2 and 3 are in progress.

My wife had an almost identical incident with Abbey, and we have just enforced her judgement dated 14th December, when they were ordered to pay her £899.47 plus court fees of £80.00, totalling £979.47.

The execution cost us again £55.00 so the bailiffs are going in for a total of £1045.07.

Once again, since inception of the claim further charges have been added, and claim 2 (£989.47) and claim 3 (£642.06) have been activated.

Hope this helps, keep up and don't let them get away with it!

21/1/07 Bailiffs went in 11/1/07 and "The bailiff levied on goods belonging to the debtor. The bailiff will remove and sell the goods if the debtor does not pay. If the proceeds of sale does not cover the costs of removal and sale you will be liable for the shortfall.The goods levied on are:

one plasma tv,fixtures and fittings. Bailiff called 11/1/07 14.25.

So, will they pay me????

are you going to find out exactly when the bailiffs are going in and informing the local papers ?

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

To clarify, only I turned up at all the hearings, they offered 100% but paid it into my closed account (They had previously written to me asking for my cards, cheque books back etc).

I explained to the judge that this was the case, and produced the necessary letters to me from Abbey confirming the closed account.

He made the order based upon the DLA letter offering full settlement.

It is of note, that on all the court papers they still quote the DLA DX number, to where, presumably, the court papers are being served. DLA are obviously causing a blockage in the system.

The bailiffs (based in London as the bailiffs are to be sent to the Regents Park offices at Abbey House) will be executing the warrant within 14 working days, we'll keep you appraised, and obviously once we have the money, make the necessary donation to keep this wonderful site up and running.

Mjanet, what a wonderful idea, I had toyed with sending them into my local, Kings Lynn Branch and getting the press there, but my 16year old step daughter thought it "embarassing".

I'll speak to the bailiffs tomorrow and drop a line to the various news desks, do you have any suggestions on which publications to use :-)