BankFodder BankFodder

not happy

should i take on the halifax

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4836 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi just found this site and it all looks good just a bit wary of doing it,the halifax stopped my overdraft last time i complained,got it back it was their fault they said it had expired funny that they have never done it before wonder if it was my letter????now put of going ahead with all this but they have been so unfair,they are nice when it suits,reading this is giving me hope

open another account with someone else first...............then proceed with your claim..................then it'll put your mind at ease! if the Halifax moan or close account you'll just have to then change all your DD's etc...........no hard work really..............good luck!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 1.10.06 (chq cashed 6.10.06)

Acknowledgement recvd. 9.11.06...(1 day before 40 day limit)

prelim sent 13.11.06. (rcv.14.1.06)

ack.rcvd. 24.11.06

LBA letter sent 29.11.06

settlement offer 11.12.06 declined 13.12.06

called Halifax 0121-234-1068 3.1.07 ..........settlement letter for full amount of £1474 on its way ! won't be happy till money in my acct!

recvd settlement letter for the £1474. signed and returned. 5.1.07

I have to admit, I had my doubts when I first got told about this site (thanks Gunny!!!) but now I've taken the plunge it's not soo bad. The first time I was told about it I didnt really believe it was possible, and I remained skeptical until Gunny got his payout. Not wanting to be outdone I took the plunge and I'm glad I did, I've already had an offer from Halifax for just under £2k and I happily refused it knowing that I will get everything (£2500) if I'm patient.

You really have nothing to worry about, if in doubt ask any of the thousands on this site that have had their claims settled. It's also nice to see a lot of them have hung around to offer support and advice to newbie's like us. In a nut shell, for the price of a couple of letters (recorded of course) you WILL get back all of your charges, money you thought you'd never see again!!! What are you waiting for?? :)

Good luck, get writing and get back what's rightfully yours!!!

HALIFAX - S.A.R Sent 11/01/06 :)

Prelim Sent 23/11/06 ;)

LBA Sent 07/12/06 :rolleyes:

Offer received 21/12/06

MCOL Issued 02/01/07:)

CLAIM PAID IN FULL (£2531.00) 18/01/07 :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Too right, you will get all your money back as they will not set foot inside a court to defend this. Just read other ppls threads and get an idea of how they respond to the claims and check out the amount of people that have won. There are a lot. Including me.... £3385.

Good Luck

TezViper

I give advice not as an expert on law, only as a guy who succesfully claimed back £3385 from The Halifax. Followed by another £2611.

Lloyds TSB settled in full before hearing

Cap One offered full settlement and default removed.

If I help in any way then please donate to the site when you are succesful

I was very nervous too - I even wondered if this forum was real - if the contributors were real people!! But when I got as far as my first offer from Halifax I knew it was real. I filed my claim in court yesterday - and I now just have to sit and wait.

One thing that has helped me is not counting on getting the money - just seeing it as an exercise really. Of course I know what I will do with it if I get it - but I have made plans to get what I want another way if this fails. That way you don't fele the pressure of it all really!

Hope that helps x

;)Halifax £1,240.00 - Preliminary Letter sent 6/11/06

:???:Standard reply received 8/11/06

:pOffer received 11/11/06

:rolleyes:Offer rejected 21/11/05 and LBA sent

:wink: Claim filed in County Court

I think everyone on here was a bit nervous at first. I know i was. But the more you read the more confident you will become. Especially the people who have already won. But there is help everywhere on here, even to the daftest questions..! Trust me i know lol.

There is nothing to worry about and nothing to lose. Only gain.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

thank you for all your advise i feel reasured now,time to get things started wish me luck:)

Luck not needed! :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .