BankFodder BankFodder

Mr Spadge

Pushing it all the way to Court

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4844 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello, new chap here. I've read through as much of the forums as one can in five hours, although suspect, information-wise, that I've only scratched the surface; a little more research required before I take the plunge.

However, I do have a couple of queries -

• Do many people actually push their cases all the way? I'm feeling particularly vindictive towards my bank, and, purely as a matter of principle, would take great satisfaction in not settling out of court.
  • Does exemption from legal fees apply to unemployed people who are not claiming benefits (i.e. me)?

Sorry if this stuff has been covered elsewhere, but I've not happened across it yet. Feel free to wag a finger in the direction of the relevant thread(s) and I'll be off with much forelock tugging.

Any views expressed in this post are entirely my own, and either based on diligent research or what the bloke down the pub told me. Prefix any possibly defamatory remarks with "It's just my view, but..." or "Allegedly..." and you won't need to sue me.

• Do many people actually push their cases all the way? I'm feeling particularly vindictive towards my bank, and, purely as a matter of principle, would take great satisfaction in not settling out of court.
  • Does exemption from legal fees apply to unemployed people who are not claiming benefits (i.e. me)?

Hi and welcome,

If people continue to push the banks they will eventually offer the full amount and you obviously have to accept the offer if it's the full amount. At the moment the banks really don't want to end up in court.

With regards to your second question I don't think you can get exemption unless you are on benefits, even if you are unemployed. But I could be wrong on this.

Lucid :)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You should also remember that as much as we have an axes, or axes to grind, with banks, that if they offer to settle your claim in full before it gets to court then you have little choice effectively but to settle.

If they try to impose conditions on the claim or don't settle in full then you can continue to court, even then there are risks depending on what it is exactly that you want to press for in court.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Thank you for your responses. Shame really, I was looking forward to dusting off my wig and robes...

Any views expressed in this post are entirely my own, and either based on diligent research or what the bloke down the pub told me. Prefix any possibly defamatory remarks with "It's just my view, but..." or "Allegedly..." and you won't need to sue me.