BankFodder BankFodder

Marvellous76

Buchananclark and Wells

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4221 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I need some advice and wonder if anyone has experienced similar correspondence.

I recieved a letter from Buchananclark and Wells on 19th December 06 asking for a payment of £60,49, they inform me that they are colllecting on behalf of their client Activ Kapital Assett Investment.

When i called a women at Buchananclark and Wells she advised me that it was for an old Barclays loan, i explained that i hadnt been with Barclays for 8 years and that i owed them nothing. She explained that this was irrelevent and they would be proceeding.

I called Barclays and they had no record of me owing them anything, i called back and explained this to the women and she said that Bracyas had sold the debt to her client who had sold it onto them.

I asked if i could have Activ Kapital Assett Investments number but she said they dont speak to them on the phone, i thought this seemed a bit odd. Anyway i said that i would go back to my parents house and try and dig out some doccumentation to prove that i didnt owe any money however as this was so long ago i don't think i still have it. I know for a fact that i owe nothing and this is some sort of attempt to get some money from me.

any advice?

The first point if the debt is over 6 yrs and no contact has been made over this time then it is statute barred and is A"dead Debt".

Second point Buchanan C;ark & Wells are again committing a criminal offence under the DPA as they are not registered with the ICO as a Data Processor

Recommend you go to the threads on Buchanan Clark & Wells for mor inf

Sparkie 1723

Thanks Sparkie

where can i find more information?

regards Marvin

Hi Marvin

Go to Debt and Bailliffs forum, theres a lot of input there in all the different threads.

Keep smiling

Sparkie1723:)

Hi

They have since written back to tell me that they do not hold a credit agreement in their office and that my account has been closed.

So so dodgy. There are prob so many people that if in my situation just panic and pay. This is suppose if how they make their money.

Any idea of who i can report them to?

Thanks Marvin

Just goes to show what you can do if you stand up to them, you wont have to worry about them any more, post what you have posted here on the Bailliffs and DCA forum it will come in usefull to others good work matey. Rock on power to the people.

sparkie 1723

Hi,

if a debt is over 6 years old and no contact re this specific debt has been made, is that still a 'dead debt'?

Having huge problems with BCW re council tax demands for a previous property from 1999 - 2001. Long story, however the council seem ok about dealing and investigating it ( have been told that they need a letter from me in order to open their files!) but BCW have been extremely rude and tell me that they will take me to court anyway.