BankFodder BankFodder

Loopyloz

Can they pretend to not have received my letters?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4890 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Iv'e just had a sudden thought, iv'e not long sent the LBA but with both letters I did not send them to the bank by recorded delivery. Do you think they can deny ever receiving both letters?!! Where do I stand on that front? I don't want to have to prolong it by another month!

Iv'e already requested a small claims pack from my local court do I still carry on as usual? I have dated and signed copies of both letters...or would that not make any difference? :(

I'm pretty sure the court will accept that the letters arrived - the vast majority of post gets to its destination in this country! The court doesn't send by Recorded delivery either.

Nationwide - £80.00 refund agreed 01/06/06

Halifax Current Account - £132.75 refunded 07/06/06 (I won without asking! See this thread)

Intelligent Finance - £941.23 (including interest and court costs) refunded in full 09/06/06

smile - £255 refunded 30/06/06

GE Money - £195 refunded 01/07/06

NatWest - £4,801.15 (including interest and costs) refunded by cheque 14/02/07

Capital One - £40 refunded 06/06/06 - another £16 refunded 21/07/06

Barclaycard - £72 refunded 03/07/06

American Express - £300 refunded 05/07/06

Halifax MasterCard - DPA request sent 19/02/07

Co-operative Bank - DPA request sent 19/02/07

Total charges refunded (inc. Interest) - £6,831.98!

If you send the letters by First Class post and keep a copy of the letters sent then the court will deem these as being delivered 2 days after posting. There is no need to use Recorded Delivery.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.