Please Help New User!! :)

fingerscrossed4me
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I am a CAG virgin and I desperately need some help. The bank have completely ripped me off over the last few years whilst I've been a student and continually charged me up to £90 a month for going over my overdraft. I really need to get this money back from them and need some help in doing so. I have rang them and asked them to send me the last 6 years worth of statements and am currently awaiting their arrival.

If anyone knows how I can successfully receive my money back I would really appreciate some help!!

Thanks guys

Have a read of a few threads.

Especially the ones with **WON** in the title, then youll have a rough idea of the whole process.

Its a bit long winded, and youll probably feel like your stumbling all over the place on the way, but there are loads of people who have completed the process, and are more than happy to help with any issues you might have.

This is the most helpful place ive ever been a part of, and i just hope i can help people in the future the way people have helped me thusfar.

Stick with it!! Its not impossible, and its worth the wait to get back what your owed!!

THE STORY SO FAR:

~Asked for my Statements: 2/10/06

~Got them within 14 days (fair play)

~Asked for the money back:18/10/06

~Computer said no!!!! (not all of it anyway)

~Rejected the (crap) offer (£570/£1300): 11/11/06

~Computer said Hell no!!!!

~Barclays said I can go to court if I want (like they've got the balls to go that far!)

~MCOL done 29/11/06

~Barclays acknowledged: 18/12/06

~AQ received, filled out and returned: 4/01/2007

~Court date set for 28/03/2007

Cant help thinking that soon, Barclays might have to have a go with a test case.... Hope they dont choose me!!!!

Small (SORRY) donation given, cos i reckon i might win in the end, and without you guys i would never have started this process!!: 16/11/06

Hi Fingerscrossed4me

Before you start please have a thorough read of the FAQs (there’s a Step by Step guide here too). You should print both of these out to refer to, so as to avoid having to ask basic questions later. Our aim is to make you aware of your rights as a consumer, enabling you to fight back against unlawful bank, credit and store card charges. In the website you will find information on how you could get your money back

Then look at other threads in your bank’s forum, so as you know what you can expect to happen. You can claim back your charges, and a few are trying for the payback of Early Redemption Charges on loans and Mortgages.

You need to spend 2 or 3 days gradually getting your head round everything. If you find a forum/thread/post of interest, save it in your Favourites, so as you can always find it easily.

There’s a lot to take in, but it’s time well spent and will ensure that you succeed in your claim without problems. Remember it’s not a race, don’t rush, just follow the guidelines one step at a time.

Take your time and have a good read around this site. Then come and join us in our forum. Here we can guide you every step of the way. Please remember, we are here to help you help your self.

When you feel confident that you understand the process and the various stages involved, start a new thread in your bank’s forum and post your progress and any questions there and you’ll get plenty of help.

If you any questions please do come to the forum and we will only be too happy to help you!

All the info to get you started is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...se-read-these/

There are more links below to assist you get around the site.

Good luck

Ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi,

Just a quick question for all u experienced folk - from what I've read I'm estimating it costs around £200 to file a court case. If I am right am I able to add this to my settlement figure???

If someone could let me know it would be much appreciated.

April

It depends on how much you are claiming. Mine is £850 I paid £80 for the small claim action, when u send in the allocation questionaire in at a later stage if it is over a certain ammount (which) I am unsure of you may have to pay a further charge

You should be able to add this to your claim. when you make the claim online you add the cost to the claim there and then.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

So 3 weeks later and all I've had is a letter from Barclays saying blah blah blah ...we don't have to give you any information but in this instance will do free of charge.. blah blah blah...we will not add where manual intervention has taken place... etc etc. Can anyone tell me if this is a standard letter they send out? And should I now send them another letter warning them their 40 days will soon be up??

If someone could help me i would appreciate it

Aprilx

Hi April,

I received exactly the same letter so have a lot of other people so yes it is a standard letter that they send. I received my statements shortly afterwards.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Sandbag.

OK so I received my statements today and overall the bank have taken £1695 from my account in the last 6 years. I have printed off a PAL letter and a schedule of accounts to send today. I haven't added any interest as it seems to be a little complicated and as I doubt very much it will be a great amount I have given up with it!!

Have been reading some other threads and everyone seems to be doing really well which is great.

Will keep you up to date with developments.

(PS. When I received the statements there was a letter inside saying that had taken £5 from my account for the print offs..I had already sent a PO which they had returned! Did anyone else get this letter??)

April x

DON'T add the interest until you start a claim with the court!!!

Whilst writing to the bank using Prelims and LBA letter, your simply claiming for the charges they have applied. When you entered a court claim, you can then claim interest plus a daily amount of interest until settlement.

Have you read FAQ and other threads?

Barclays Bank - SETTLED - £4225.00

First National - SETTLED - £125.00

Lloyds TSB - SETTLED - £994.87

Capital 1 - SETTLED - £827.95

Online Finance - SETTLED - £349.60

Argos - SETTLED - £121.00

Thanks for the message. I have checked out FAQ's and other threads and it was the step by step instructions that confused me. I originally thought u added the 8% once you take court action but then other threads were talking about adding the interest they have charged you for going over your overdraft!

Not to worry I haven't added it so that's good!

Thanks a lot for your help on that.

April x

• 2 weeks later...

OK so an update....

This morning I received a letter saying "Thank you for your letter...blah blah blah...we will get back to you but cannot guarantee it will be in the timescale you set...we do aim to find a solution within 4 weeks.

Reading other threads I understand other people have also received this letter. I was just wondering however whether anyone has waited for a reply from Barclays before sending the next letter? Does anyone think it will perhaps make them more generous with their settlement??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Just a quick message to keep you updated!

So I sent Barclays the PAL letter and received a letter back saying they would contact me in up to 4 weeks :mad:

Then about a week later (the last of the 14 days) I received a letter offering me £865 settlement (this of course is out of the £1695 they owe me!) So the same day I sent them a LBA that I played about with accepting their offer but only partially and so they still had 14 days to pay up or HELLO!! to court.

So now I've got to wait till 1st March to fill out MCOL.

Have been reading some threads and everyone seems to be getting on well.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

Hi. I have been successful in claiming my money back from HSBC getting £423 after sending the 'notice before court action' letter. I am now beginning my claim with Barclays for £1195. When I recieved the standard stalling letters from HSBC I just ignored them and sent my next letter as per my schedule. Barclays have stalled for about two months in passing over my account/ charge details, but this is partially due to me not chasing them. As soon as you persevere they begin to help out. Also occassionally you speak to a kind soul who just prints out your details and sends them straight away.

Getting to the point, could anyone help me? I want to find my account details for a Barclaycard I had which I closed the account for in 2003. They have got back to me after much arguing, and told me that they do not have any details on my account as they were deleted when I closed it. Has this happened to anyone else? I am going to send the 'Data Protection' letter and see where it gets me.

Please respond if you can help.

Ed :)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

So, I've been ridiculously busy and have only just been able to apply to court through MCOL. I've just realised I've accidentally put in the wrong amount of interest for the claim :o

I have emailed Money Claim to ask them to amend this...does anyone know if they will do this???????

Please help!!!!!!!!!

April xx

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Sent my request with the 10 pounds for bank statements covering the last 6 yrs to LLoyds TSB, on 25.2.07. I had a reply on 6.3.07 which stated that the bank would respond within about 2 weeks after they had carried out investigation into my complaint. On the 13.3.07, I received a letter stating that they would send me my statements under seperate cover within the next 3 weeks. As of yet (24.4.07), I have not received any further corespondance and wonder what I should do next. I notice the letters I have had are not from the branch were I sent the original requests but from Lloyds customer services recovery centre at Andover.