Porting Mobile Numbers - Problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think I am going to need a season ticket for this site soon, a new year, a new set of complaints I wanted to change my provider from Virgin Mobile to Vodafone, keeping my Virgin number.

On 18 December 2006 I contacted Vodafone to provide them with a PAC (Port Authorisation Code) to transfer my mobile number from Pay as U Talk Virgin Mobile to Pay as U Talk Vodafone. I was advised by Vodafone that I would have a SIM sent to me using this mobile number. I was advised that this would take 5 working days to arrive, to date nothing has arrived.

On 29 December 2006 at 10am, Virgin sent me a text to say that I was going to lose my service with them on 3 January 2007 as Vodafone were taking over from that date. I have lost my service, still no SIM or answers from Vodafone, tried calling them but got cut off twice and resorting to e-mailing them.

Any advice?? :)

Patience! It's a very busy time of year for them and there can be a backlog of bespoke SIMs for customers poreting numbers. Some networks can provision numbers over-the-air, but Vodafone usially code the SIM, so it might be worthwhile to call Voda and explain they have still to initiate the port and T-Mob have given you a deadline.

Thank you for your advice, much appreciated :).

My annoyance is that the procedure as explained to me by Virgin, my original supplier was that Vodafone should have made sure my SIM was with me, i.e. I call them to say hello I have my SIM, once this is done they tell Virgin to cut my service and they take over. It seems to be backside first.

Just the hassle and cost of getting a new SIM/mobile number, then telling everyone of the change is just crazy. The fact of getting nowhere with Vodafone is a pain, I only moved to that provider as my Partner who is already on Vodafone can call me using Friends and Family as my new job next week takes me away travelling a lot.

Live and learn :-(

I wouldnt go for Voda on the grounds that they insist to maintain any missed, late payments etc with the CRA's for the full 6 years!

Donate to keep this site open

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

I wouldnt go for Voda on the grounds that they insist to maintain any missed, late payments etc with the CRA's for the full 6 years!

Since all the UK networks do the same, as do the MNVO virtual networks of Virgin and Tesco, I dunno why you think Voda are any better?