BankFodder BankFodder

RCR50

Did You Manage To Keep Your Bank A/c After Your Claim

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4844 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I would be grateful to know whether anybody was able to keep their a/c and or authorised overdraft facility with Lloyds after putting in a claim please.

I am hesitating before putting in my claim because as strange as this sounds - I like my bank and do not want to lose my a/c or authorised overdraft facility with them.

My current OD facility is ongoing and reviewed annually (where they simply than automatically add another year onto it before review again) It is 5K and I do /have to use it to the max. My claim is for just 1640 and I am considering sending it in without adding any interest whatsoever - I do not want to upset my bank too much because quite frankly I need them more than they need me......I do not believe that any bank with whom I set up a new a/c would give me on OD facilty of 5k at the beginning - and indeed I feel that Lloyds give me a leeway not because of my income but because I have been a reliable (despite all the charges!) customer over many years....I do need that od facility as my outgoings are large compared to my earnings etc and if they makde me close my account and demanded that I settle my overdraft I simply could not do it and would be in a worse position had I not put in a claim (I also have a claim on an old business account and will see what transpires with my personal a/c first before attempting to submit this with interest).

On reading some of the threads about LTSB it seems they are no pushover and can get nasty and I cannot afford to wind them up.

Has anybody here made a successful claim with them and managed to keep their a/c and authorised overdraft facility???? - or not - as is the case. (and did you ask for interest on your claim - and was this contractual).....I am very hesitant indeed about adding interest.....the more `quietly` I can put in my claim the better.

I wish everybody lots of luck and best wishes.

Many thanks