BankFodder BankFodder

Matthew Hallswort

Matthew Hallsworth Vs Lyods TSB

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4821 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi There,

Just been going through the process of taking Lloyds to court over my bank charges. Have sent of the all the letters and have got to the point of taking them to court via Moneyclaim:

Claim number: 6QZ81369

Issued: 07/11/06

Court: MCOL

Charges: £1420

Interest: £196.02

Costs: £220

Total Claim: £1936.02

The bank then sent me an AQ which I filled out and sent back. Now today I get a letter saying that my court case is going to court on the 29th Jan.

Now I'm absolutely packing it!! Do I need to worry? Is this the usual for Lloyds TSB?

Looknig back at what I've done I dodn't complete section G. Now I guess this is completely stupid, but they got my all of that in my original money claim papers. Now I think that I'm up the creek without a paddle. Can anyone please say any kind, soothing word to me? Is there anything that I can do about it?

Thanks in anticipation of help.

Matt

Hi Matt

Firstly don't worry, this is good news, it means you will get your money back in the next couple of weeks.

Is this definatly your Court hearing and not a pre-trial type/allocation hearing?? Have you got directions on your letter telling you when you need to submit your evidence etc?

You need to start getting your evidence together, so have a look at this for stuff you are going to need to prepare ready:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

Good luck and let us know how you are getting on.

Also keep checking your bank account, sometimes they just slip the money in there quietly for you!

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Barty,

Thanks for the reply. The letter I've got does say that I need to send documents to all parties no later than the 15th of January.

Also as stated above I didn't fill in section G. Is this a problem?

Lloyds have also on their defence given that they are going to defend on the grounds that it is a service provided rather than a penalty charge. I'm pretty well read up on defence as penalty charges, but not sure where to go with them saying its a servide.

Anyway I think that I'm panicing, I'm sure it'll be fine. And I'll read the link as well

Thanks Barty

Matt

Hi

I can't see it being a problem about Section G, I also left mine blank, so don't worry.

If you get your Court bundle etc posted asap, then give SC&M a ring asking where their evidence documents are, I'm sure they will offer you a settlement.

• Haha 1

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

Hi Barty,

Thanks so much that helps! I've got a question though (I'm sorry to be a pain) The bank are saying in their defence that the charges are because the bank is providing a service and therefore are not penalty fees. Is the court bundle still relevant or are there any other bits I need to add or leave out? Does the audio evidence from McNamara still need to go in?

Thanks for you help

Matt

Right then,

Evidence bundles collated, dividers labelled, letters written, envelope addressed, stamp stuck.:D

Now I just need to wait for there documents to come through :rolleyes:

They have only 'til monday to send it so we shall see.

GOOD GOOD GOOD NEWS!!!!

I've just spoken to SCM about my evidence bundle. Court is due on 29th Jan and they were supposed to present evidence on the 15th but never received anything. My conversation went as follows:

ME : I'm calling to see if you've recieved my evidence bundle.

THEM : Let me check...yes

ME : I Haven't had mine yet. Is this usual?

THEM : Let me check...They've only just pulled out the file so it's with the person who's dealing with it.

ME : Could you ask them please?

THEM: Hang on a second...I've spoken to the person who's dealing with your case says the reason they haven't replied is because they've decided to settle!!!!

:D :D :D

~Thanks for all your help and support everyone.

Matt

Congratulations Matt!!:D :D

Great news!

PS Don't forget to let the Courts know when they have paid you the money, use one of Gary H's letters here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/post-487345.html

Hi Mate,

great news, well done and congratulations!! m

:D Actions in progress

Natw West on hold pending test case

LLoyds claim 3 on hold pending test case,

:lol:Claims Settled

LLOYDS TSB x 2 WON,

MBNA WON,

A&L WON,

GE Money x 2 WON , c

o-op visa WON, capital one visa WON,

Halifax (o/h) WON,

capquest, WON

and congrats from me too! I'm just dipping into threads learning about stuff - but this is about the third win I've seen today so looking good :D !

kind regards to all, maryt

------------

13/2/07 - full settlement from Lloyds TSB

14/2/07 - 5% (rounded up!) to CAG - THANKS!