BankFodder BankFodder

Lyman Zelga

Lyman Vs Abbey

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4790 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hiya all,

Well first of all Happy New Year!! :)

Now down to business, after reading up on this ridiculous bank charge that abbey seem to see fair to charge their customers i decided i would take action against it! I have read the information on this site and money saving expert and have printed out my letter to abbey national data protection manager. I have seen different types of standard letters and was just wondering if this includes all the correct information?

[iNSERT NAME, ADDRESS AND TELEPHONE NUMBER]

[iNSERT DATE]

Abbey National, [ADDRESS HERE]

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re. Account number: [iNSERT ACCOUNT NUMBER]

I am writing to request a fully comprehensive list of all the default charges for direct debit, unauthorised overdrafts and standing orders I have paid over the last six years.

Please find enclosed a cheque for the maximum statutory charge of £10. If you are unable to provide this data, I will accept a copy of my statements going back six years; I understand that statements on their own are not covered by the Data Protection Act 1998, yet I’m not requesting the statements per se, but the charges, which I’m entitled to by law.

I look forward to your response within 40 days, as [iNSERT NAME OF BANK] is obliged to reply under the Data Protection Act. If not I shall seek remedy from the Information Commissioner.

Yours faithfully,

[YOUR SIGNATURE]

[YOUR NAME (PRINTED)]

Hopefully this is ok, i can then send it recorded delivery today and sit back and wait

If anyone has any other information for me i would really appreciate it? Be kind its my first post!!

Ta Lyman

:)

hey all, :)

I have sent my Subject Access request off and Abbey would of received it today, I'm worried about their delaying tactics and reading through a lot of other cases it seems i will receive the usual microfiche waffle! Is their anything i can do now to speed up the process and avoid the waffle? i.e. sending another letter or phoning?

Appreciate any help given

Lyman

Hiya,

Well finally after numerous phone calls and letters to Abbey my Microfiche paperwork and 12months of statements came through!!

I couldn't believe how much money they've taken from me over the last 6 years! I'm claiming £917 in charges and £51.33 in interest. I'm about to send my preliminary letter form the templates library, and it says 'I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter' what does this mean? do i need to photocopy all the microfiche/statements with the highlighted charges occurred?

Appreciate any help.

Lyman

Lyman, no, "schedule" is just fancy talk for "list". Just extract all the charges onto a spreadsheet - have a look here :http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

The only time you have to copy and send all the statements/microfiche is if you end up having to submit a Court bundle - that comes after you file your County Court Claim - don't worry, that's some way off, and as long as you keep dipping into threads on here and ask when you're stuck, you'll be fine. Regards, Mad Nick

Abbey £8370 settled 17 Apr 07