NeilB V's MBNA

brearleyn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have sent off my Sar request and received my statements and sent my 14 day letter requesting my £455 worth of charges back to which MBNA have responded. They received my letter on the 18 th December 2006 and said they will respond by 14th January 2007, however, this is beyond the 14 days...do I await a response or just simply put in my claim...what would you do???

nope you work to your timescale...prelim, 14days later LBA 14 days later submit your court docs. MBNA are currently saying under FSA guidelines they ahve 28 days to reply to a claim, remember this is your action, it is your timescale!

if it was the pre-lim you sent on 18th, your LBA should go off on 1st january or around then. Have you claimed interest on the charges?

Thanks

23/11/06 HSBC **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - GE Capital - **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - MBNA - charges and interest **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - Welcome Finance - Prelim sent for mis-sold PPI

i think most people send letters with interest applied, i know in both my prelim and LBA i added the interest.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

if the offer is less than the charges plus interest accept it as a partial settlement and carry on your action until you get all the money returned. MBNA like to offer goodwill gestures to shut their customers up, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt and we carry on fighting for our money.

Thanks

Absolutely

Keep after them on your timescale.

Contactual interest goes in from the word go. If you are claiming stat s69 interest then you apply it at the MCOL stage. Accept their offer as a partial settlement but tell them you want the rest!

I got a full settlement keep up the pressure.

Bicester1

Bicester1

MBNA WON £623

:)

GM Card Won £580

Nat West CC Won £525.08

Nat West Bank Won £2346.60:)

Lloyds PPI LBA

Barclaycard defence received. Trial date 30th July. Barclays missed deadline for servicing and filing of their bundle! Going to try for strikeout or summary disposal

HBOS about to issue N1

LLoys Bank LBA

I am not a lawyer. Get trained professional advice if unsure of your legal position. If my advice is helpful please tip my scales!