BankFodder BankFodder

mashman70

Morning folks!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4844 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Ok, i have a couple of questions about starting my claim against First Direct. I would appreciate any advice. Excuse me if they have been asked before, but i have not studied the forum in depth.

Is it ok if the £10 fee is sent in a cheque made out by somebody else? As i no longer have a cheque book. Can't see this being a problem. Made to First Direct i would presume?

Does it need to be sent Special / Recorded Delivery, as does the reclaim letter?

The only reason i'm asking for the Subject Access Request is to double check my charges. I have all my statements for 6 years, but have thrown some of the charges summary sheets.

I'd calculated my charges as around £500, but on double checking my sheets this morning noticed that some fee's (overdraft fee) are on these sheets and not on the statement itself.

Is this normal? I need the money, and don't want to short change myself / let them off the hook!

Also, when i move onto the repayment request can i ask for the money in a cheque? As i'm now on a Debt Management Plan my account is closed with them. BUT is still active for the payment of monies owed to them. If that makes any sense? I had an overdraft and loan, which they combined into a total owed. So each month the CCCS payment goes into this. Would they still pay out via cheque, or would the cheeky gets try and put it towards the debt owing?

Sorry for all the questions, but i want to get this right straight off! I need the money to treat myself to a nice LCD :D

Thanks in advance.

Mashman x