TomTom Car Connect Kit

Guest Zooman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Zooman

not really a consumer complaint but a consumer wondering.

any one know whats going on with this new toy?

tom tom. jack jack, joe joe. Whatever you call it, it will take you around and about where you need to go. It just won't take you there - or not by the best route anyway. Buy a map, read it, trust me you will get there faster and more efficiently - I have known Tom Tom take professional drivers over 70 miles out of their way! Don't dumb down, wise up!

Dont know about tom tom, but I have the Garmin Nuvii and it is the best think since sliced bread! I do a lot of travelling with my job and dont know what I would do without it. Great for people like me who cant read maps.

Sat Navs are useful devices but it is necessary to read the instructions and then use the right settings to make it work for you. The Garmin I have has several routing options. You can specify you want it to find a route suitable for cars, or larger vehicles, find the fastest route, the shortest route, a route that avoids toll roads or dual carriageways etc etc. Play around with it to find out its capabilities and then you will get the best out of it.

• 5 months later...