BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hello and welcome to CAG.   I expect people will be along later with answers for you, as and when they're able to get here.   Would your parents' GP back your father up in being at risk if he carries on working.   Here's information from ACAS in case there's a nugget that's helpful.   https://www.acas.org.uk/coronavirus/vulnerable-people-and-high-risk   Best, HB
    • Miley-was there not a third sheet from DCBL explaining that they were acting as debt collectors only? If not,  a complaint  should be made to the FCA querying whether they are fit and proper to retain their licence.  Many people will be frightened that they have bailiffs about to knock on their door when there is no way that it could happen unless one had lost at Court and then been unable to pay the fine within an allotted time at the very least. And had the fine been paid within one month there would be no  record of the CCJ on their credit report.
    • Hi Emmzzi,   We have been asked to sign the T & C’s for furlough. I was already working from home for protection and wasn’t sure of selection criteria used as not all employees are being furloughed. I could still work from home but employer now wants to furlough me.   Nic
    • Just have an outline of your proposed defence should the court set a side.
    • Hello, I am looking some advice for my elderly father. He is 79  years old. My mother is 73 and in poor health with several medical conditions (none of which meet the 'high risk' criteria the govt has set out however). Both of them have had to stay indoors since mid March because of their age if they catch the virus they are ulikely to recover, and there are plenty of cases of it in our local area. My father has been working for a company delivering car parts for several years to make a living, its a minimum wage job.    We checked the government guidance in mid march which seemed to suggest he was eligible for statutory sick pay as he met the requirements. He tdiscussed this with work who said they would look into it. However the employer has refused him SSP because he is not symptomatic, he's just staying at home so that he doesn't catch it and die.   They have also refused to furlough him because they are saying there is still work available for him and he can come back any time, completely ignoring the fact that it would be at great personal risk to do so at this time, and would also put my mothers life at risk as they live together.   Is the employer correct to refuse both of these? I have read the information from the government over and over but can't see anywhere that says whether employers can outright refuse even just basic SSP, I thought that was illegal?   Since work has kept him employed he can't claim jobseekers or anything like that. Is it just expected for him to go back to work and just hope not to catch it and die? It seems very unfair. My parents have worked hard and paid their dues their whole lives, never claimed a penny in benefits and still having to work in old age, and now something like this happens it seems there is no help for them. I can't seem them being the only ones who will fall into this category and be left to struggle. I am so shocked and disgusted at the way employers can act like this, even when the government is willing to pay 80% of the wages they still won't let workers have it, especially given that it would be out of pocket expense for them until the govt money comes through at the end of april for it. 
  • Our picks

thepcsaysno

claiming unautherised borrow fees

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4844 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all, I'm looking at making a claim against Lloyds TSB for unfair charges regarding d/ds s/os b/cheques etc. However going back through my statements I am finding alot of unautherised borrowing fees starting a £10 going up to £12.50, can I claim for these aswell?

Thanks in advance

Andy:| :|

Hi George, can I use the standard template form for doing so?

Regards

Andy

Yes use the prelim asking for it back, dont expect too much right away but set a timetable with dates for prelim, lba and filing at court and stick with it, good luck.

Hi I managed to get £895 from the Abbey back last year for personal charges & that took two letters. Then a goodwill gesture from them.

Regards

Andy

Hi - I wonder if anyone can answer a query I have:

As the OFT have basically allowed banks and card issuers to charge up to £12 for exceeded limits etc, I'm wondering if it's possible to claim only for anything that exceeds this, or for the full amount. For instance, if I identify ten charges @ £25, am I entitled to seek reimbursement of the whole £250 or only £130?

Obviously the more I can reclaim the better, but I want to get my facts straight before I start firing off any letters.

Gekko slayer hi, first of all start your own posts where you can update your story and ask questions, you should claim all the charges they have taken from you, the charges are unlawfull and the OFT didnt say £12 was acceptable they said after £12 they themselves would take action, This dosent mean £12 is acceptable and if the banks thought it was then let them show their true costs, they wont obviously as the costs are far far lower.