My bro Vs NAtwest

indebtstudent
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all as you may or may not be aware I'm doing the legwork to claim back some money Natwest has charged my brother.

He was out of work for some months and they kept piling the charges on his current account (his MPPI didn't pay out where should/can I complain about this?). Also they in general were not helpful at all which is not what thier leaflet suggests.

I've done some reading and knocked up the access request (with £10 cheque of course)

I'm also sending two further letters of complaint regarding the fact the MPPI was not explained properly to him (ie he was never covered so paying the premium was pretty pointless) and also the stuff they in thier leaflet isn't true. Contact us as soon as possible if you are in financial difficulties. He did and they kept nailing on the charges and the mortgage people said "we can't deal with you unless you're three months behind". what kind of crazy system is that?

The account is roughly £3,000 overdrawn (limit £1,100) and they've passed the matter over to a debt recovery agency so any advice on this side of things would be appreciated too.

Know this is a lot to take it but I'm having them if it's the last thing I do!!!

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Recieved reply from Natwest 13th, alittle confused by part of it.

This might be a little long, I sent the template off here and here is the bit I am confused about.

"With reference to your request concerning any 'manual intervention' to the administrative charges debiter, these charges have been processed in accordance with the terms and conditions of our current agreemnt with you as a result of the activity on your account. In the event that you breach the terms and conditions, we will take the appropriate action, contacting customers when appropriate, of handling customer enquiries regarding thier account status. When a customer has rasied a concern in relation to this process, the decision will be communicated to the customer and where appropraite noted on the account. "

What does this mean and does it relate to the default which I hope to get taken off his account...

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

Ok I have the data and without interest it comes to more than he owes :)

I've had a look at the threads on interest but I must admit I got a little lost. I REALLY want to do them for the highest possible rate but I think realistically the 8% would be better. Some charges (£) are from 2002 so does that mean they need four years interest on?

Any guidance appreciated, I'm pleased with how fast things are moving!

There are several ways of doing it. The basic and simplest is to claim the charges and wait until/if it goes to court and then get the court to add the statutory interest which is the 8% you mention. (You cant claim the 8% in the initial stages....it's only at the court stage you can do this). Chances are you'll be offered a payment way before it gets to this stage.

There is contractual interest which is much higher but also much complicated and unproven, though there have been some successes with it. Best advice is to search and read the relevant threads on the subjects and decide the best option for yourself.

Good luck.

WON £4000 v NAT WEST

Should I pursue the credit card claim seperately? I put it on the one SAR but so far have only recieved statements for bank account...

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting for Credit Card bill and the people chasing the 'debt' are ringing him everyday.

The total I have now comes close to the total amount so with CC he will have some to spare. He has told them the amount is in dispute and they asked where he found out about charges.

He said he didn't have to disclose that information. I've told him to mention if they keep contacting him it is harassment. If it keeps up I will ring them.

Good evening indebt student,

The same thing happened to me and i can empathise with how your brother must be feeling.

I too was hounded by Natwest (Birmingham collection dept) via the phone and in written form. If the telephone calls do not stop you can hit them with a similar letter to the one given below. The bits highlighted in red are what you will need to change to suit, wording and in some cases the order in which it appears. I have given you the whole letter (which your brother will no doubt not require), but it gives you a sense of the pressure they put me under with all the crap they dished out!!! It will hopefully help to ease the anxiety your brother must be feeling, to know that he is not alone in this;)

(YOUR ADDRESS)

(THEIR ADDRESS)

(DATE)

Dear Sir/ Madame,

ACCOUNT NUMBER(S)

I am writing in response to your letter dated xxxxxx, with regards to formally issuing me with Default/ Termination notices for the total amounts owed on both the aforementioned accounts plus interest and charges.

On checking your records you will find that I have indeed contacted my branch advising them that the Citizens Advice Bureau, New Milton, Hampshire will be acting on my behalf and are in the process of putting forth proposals for repayment. Having just had a telephone conversation with them this morning, it is my understanding that you have already received such correspondence.

I think it is imperative to point out that you are unable to take this sort of action against me and/or my account whilst it is already in dispute. For your information, my claim for unlawful charging has been filed with:

xxxxxx County Court

Claim Number xxxxxxx

Ref: (your name)

Cobbetts LLP Ref: xxxxxxx

I am also writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only and addressed to: xxxxx at xxxxx Citizens Advise Bureau xxxxx

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

Yours sincerely,

(your name)

Hope it is of some use.

• Haha 1

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Found similar template which I will be showing him tomorrow :) Thanks guys.

He even had a 'solicitor' ask him where he got his information from. He didn't divulge it but if they carry on I'll make sure I speak to them. I think I would quite enjoy telling them are going to lose...

Let'a not count our chickens before they hatch, and air on the side of caution.

Rise above it all....the letter should surfice:)

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Good morning,

Just thought I'd drop you a quick line to thank you for the kind remark you made whilst adding to my rep.

Really lovely, brought a small tear to my eye it did;)

Always happy to help, keep the faith.

muggs xx

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Natwest have approx ten days to reply with CC statements. Is this normal?

It is normal for them to drag their heels slightly, yes.

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

hi indebt

this is totally going to plan no need to worry yet, they are probably overwhelmed by the number of sar's they are getting.

I won £5289 heres how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/40703-saint-luco-natwest.html

ITS NOT WHETHER YOU WON OR LOST, BUT HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME THAT MATTERS. ( OBVIOUSLY A LOSER THEN):D :D :D

hi indebt

this is totally going to plan no need to worry yet, they are probably overwhelmed by the number of S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'s they are getting.

Altogether now, Aaaahhhhh!!!!

Do we feel sorry for them? Not on your nelly:-D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Fibber:lol:

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Well I got the bank staements very quickly. Interesting to note the amount the second debt collection agency is asking for is siginicifcantly more than the totaly I have owing on the statements. HMMM.

I must say I am shocked how badthe debt reovery people are. Do people really just say ok and sign a balnk cheque?

My plan is thus, first and foremust I'll point out to the cretins that the amounts are in dispute. If it's in writing and recorded elivery they can't say they didn't know. Also I'm going to use the harassment templates on here, finally once this is all done with I'm going to get my bro to follow through with complaints to the proper organisations, if only to stop this happening to other people.

Thanks so much guys, oh and I'll grab my Natwest file (getting bigger! lol) and check the exact date again. Would appreciate somebody saying what I do next even though I've had a little read around it. You know just for reassurance. Once again thanks guys.