Pandahar vs Barclays

Pandahar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I've just joined the group and it looks fantastic.

I've made a claim to Barclays for a refund of £1010 which I received an offer of £550 for. I've rejected this so court action is the next step.

I'm going to make a post in the Barclays Bank forum so I'd welcome any help and hints anyone can give me on my next steps.

Many thanks

Pandahar

Hi guys,

Just joined the group and reading some of the threads is very encouraging, well done to those who've won.

Anyway, I've had my statements for the last 6 years, added all the unauthorised overdraft fees up back to the beginning of 2000 to give me £1010. I've sent a letter asking for a refund at the beginning of December with an offer back from Barclays for £550.

This I have declined by letter on 27th December giving them another 14 days to pay the full amount. I've now just received another letter from Barclays saying

'After careful consideration, I regret that I am unable to agree to your request.

Should you now wish to accept our offer, please sign and return the acceptance form enclosed with our letter of 19th december 2006. However, if you do not wish to accept this offer and you now intend to start legal proceedings it would appear we are unable to reach an amicable resolution.'

Now I have no problem with taking them to court but I just want to make sure I don't slip up anywhere.

What are my next steps? Respond to Barclays or just go straight ahead with the online court claims??

Hi Pandahar, welcome to our family.

Your next step is to send the LBA (letter before action) which you will find

by clicking on this link.... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

Please spend some time reading the FAQs and step by step guide in the library section.

This is a self-help forum, so it's vital that you understand what you're doing if you want to ensure success.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hi Rooster, thanks for your quick response

I think I've covered the LBA with my initial letter as follows. I used a template of the thisismoney website before I discovered this site.

I got the £550 offer letter from them in response to this. Shall I continue to the next stage???

Pandahar

Customer Relations

Barclays Bank PLC

1 Churchill Place

FREEPOST

RTLA-CSUE-TCHC

London E14 5HP

Dear Sir/Madam,

Ref: account number: xxxxxxxx, sort code xx-xx-xx

I understand that the charges applied to my account in relation to the following are unlawful.

a/c xxxxxxxx

list of charges and dates here

When I opened my account I entered into a contract with you, at which time you agreed to act lawfully. The fees you have been applying to my account in relation to the above are unlawful under Common Law, Statute and the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

You have taken a total of £845.00 from a/c xxxxxxxx and £160.00 from a/c xxxxxxxx in charges from me, making a total of £1005.00. I would like to request repayment of this in full and I also ask you to ensure any default notices entered against my credit record are removed entirely.

Please refund this money in full and remove any default notices within 14 days and provide me with written confirmation once completed. If this is not done, I will begin court proceedings against you without further notice for the full amount, plus interest and my costs.

Please note that I will not accept any offers for less than the above amount.

Yours sincerely,

Hello again.

I used a template of the thisismoney website before I discovered this site.

I'm sorry, Pandahar, but I cannot comment on this because we have no connection whatsoever with "thisismoney" and I know nothing of their letters or methods.

All our letter templates and procedures are designed to provide an integrated package that will cover most, if not all, eventualities. What is more, we have had 100% success rate with them.

What I would advise is have a good read of the FAQs and the step by step guide in the library section, then start again with our preliminary letter. It will only add a couple of weeks to your claim but at least we will be able, then, to offer advice when you need it.

Please stick to this thread for any matters relating to your claim as if you start other threads we will never know where you are.

We will end up playing hide-and-seek round the forums.:D

I will sort out your other threads and get them merged into one thread. Then we will be better placed to offer any help that you need.

Good luck with your claim.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....