BankFodder BankFodder

joejeavons

JJ vs HSBC

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4888 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hey all, I posted this in the wrong forum, thanks in advance for any help you can give, here's whats happened so far:-

After requesting and receiving 6 years of bank statements (lol) I sent out my first refund request letter and summary of charges spreadsheet on the 13th of November which i got no reply to. 14 days later the second was sent to which i also got no reply.

I then started my claim through Money Claim Online later than stated on the letters as I was without the internet for a while.

22nd December - Claim Acknowledged

23rd December - Letter Recieved from HSBC (Dated 22nd dec).

"Thank you for your letter dated 13 November 2006 concerning your request for a refund of bank charges. I apologise for not yet having completed my investigation. I will contact you by 11 January 2007 and expect to be able to provide you with a full responce at that time". Signed - Colin Langdale (Senior Service Quality Officer)

2nd January 2007 - Letter recieved from Northampton County Court (Dated 22nd December)

"An Acknowledgement of Service of your claim has been filed today. The defendant now has 28 days from the date of service of the claim form to file a defence".

The letter also included the line "a copy of which is attached" but was crossed out with a biro...

So, as far as I'm aware everything is o.k. and fingers crossed, all should go to plan.

If there's anything you can advise me on that maybe i've missed or any kind of suggestion please feel free...

Many Thanks again

Joe :)

Hi Joe,

Some advice which I was given was to send DG Solicitors (their details will be on the letter you received explaining that your claim has been acknowledged) a copy of your charge schedule as soon as your claim is acknowledged. Sometimes this speeds things up.

Lisa :)

UPDATE:

Letter received today from HSBC Offering £2155.00. My Claim was for £3243.16. Also included in the same post as the letter was my bank statement, stating the highest ever charge i've received of £150 for 2nd Dec - 3rd of Jan - Merry Christmas eh!!

I'm going to ignore the letter, this isn't just about money anymore but principle!

Has anyone got the details for DG solicitors? as my Acknowledgement letter came from the courts. Many Thanks.

Joe