• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Defaults against settled account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5759 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have noticed I have been defaulted within the last 19 months against an account that was settled almost three years ago.

I have just written a letter to the relevant company (Northern Rock) can you tell me if I need to add anything else please?

ACCOUNT NUMBER: Unknown

I have recently requested a copy of my credit report and upon reading it I noticed in the last 19 months entered three defaults (status ones) against my name.

As this account was settled on 15/07/2003 I therefore ask you remove these defaults immediately as it is impossible to default a settled account.

The information will be against the address as above. For security reasons my DOB is xx/xx/xxxx.

Failure to do so will result in me making a claim to the relevant bodies.

You have 14 days to comply.

Letters sent for two accounts 8/03/06 - 40 days= 17th April

Reminders sent 5th April (along with cheque) 12 Days to go...

Rang Abbey 1600 18/04/06 asking where info is....

Sent Letter to Infomation Commissioner 18/04/06

I would suggest that you make a full SAR request - £10, the lot. You'll get it back.

How you handle it depends on you. If you want to get some compensation out of it then we can help you. You stand a very good chance.

If you want merely to clear the deafult then that can be sorted out as well.

Whatever you do, it is worth undersatnding exactly what happened. you wil never learn the truth form the bank unless you get your SAR - and even then you may not find out.

Have you suffered any damage as a result?

Refused credit, for example. We are talking about defamation here.

The SAr request is already in order.

I have been refused credit, the missed mortgage payments last year probably didn't help though.

If I could possibly get some kind of compensation that would probably remove some of that bitter taste from my mouth.

I know the first thing is to get my SAR request back, after that, what do I do?

Just wait for the SAR. You need to be conscientious and methodical inthe way you approach this.

Get your information - not just statements but a full SAR - notes, the lot.

Go through it carefully. There shold be information in it which expains what happened. Why they made their mistake - and of course, if there was somehing whch yo forgot or didn't understand which explains the default.

When you feel that you have a perfect picture and that you can demonstrate their mistake to the satisfaction of a court, then you issue a s.10 notice (template in the library), folow it up with a 7 day letter vefore action and the start a claim for breach of the DPA - including a request for an order to destroy all inacurate data plus compensation.

At the sme time you serve notice onthe CRA that they are holding defamtory material about you and that you require its removal and that they s=cease publishing it to any more third parties,

then if youget your judgment, you start talking defamation to the Northern Rock and to the CRA waving your DPA judgment around and hopefully you receive a reasonabl settlement from both parties and then yo buy aus a drink.

that's the theory.

Let's go step bny step and see what happens.

Start making notes recording everyway that you think the default has affected you and to who else it might have been disclosed either by the NR and bythe CRA.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I've finally got all the info I need and looking through my notes it seems there is nothing against me in the last year with regard to money owed. Therefore I need to write a letter asking for my money back (£90) and to get the default notices removed.

Can anyone help with the wording? Should I send a seperate letter or should I put the money and default request in the same letter?

All help appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

i saw defaults on settled accounts on my credit file. i asked experian the question and they replied with the following .... and they got my name wrong!

Dear Mr Black

Thank you for your email, which we received on 19 June 2006.

An arrangement to make payments after the date of default does not change the history of the account. This is true even once all payments have been made. The status history of '8' shows that, at the default date, the account was not being managed according to its contract.

We keep defaulted accounts on your report for six years from the date of default. This is true whether or not the debt has been fully repaid.

In view of your comments regarding C4 and C10, I would advise that the status history in respect of a settled account relates to the period of time prior to the date of settlement. We keep settled accounts on your credit report for six years from the date of settlement.

Kind regards

im now going to try to get the default letters etc.... poss worth a try

when i win ...... 5% goes back to the site!

Halifax- 14/6/06 Data Protection Act.28/6/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) - (Subject Access Request) handed in person. 2/7/06 Prelin sent for £3297. 19/7/06 LBA sent SETTLED

Halifax cc- 26/7 prelim for £140 - 14/8 LBA sent - 21/8 £ 70 offer - 22/8 Halifax agreed to pay £140 after call SETTLED

Halifax loan #1 - SETTLED

SMPL- 20/6/06 prelim sent for £610 4/7 sent lba after no reply. MCOL 29/9

Rooftop Mortgages - 20/6/06 prelim sent for £225. 29/6/06 letter rec'd saying no! /2/7/06 LBA sent

Capital One- 24/6/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent. 2/7/06 prelim sent for £137. 19/7/06 LBA sent MCOL 29/9 SETTLED

• 2 years later...

I have been dealing with a (good) company :) that chases debt collectors, that have not paid the original creditor. (This causes the defaults to remain on your account longer than needed).

They assisted me in sorting out restoring my Credit File by getting account defaults satisfied. The service cost me £50.00 this covers the admin fees, unlimited letters to the collection agencies and original creditors and telephone calls.

I would highly recommend this service, as I found it takes all the hassle and stress away from dealing with DCA's that do not hand over money to the original creditors.

I had my default satisfied within 2 weeks after contacting the agent.

If you wish to email I can give you their contact information: [email protected]

Hi

I need some help, I have just looked over my credit file, and I have found that default have been place on my account.

The first one is by capital one, I made a claim against capital one for unfair charges to that account the limit on this card was 400 pound. Capital one settled out of court by closing my account and sending me a cheque for around an extra 800 pound which I accepted because it was for full amount which I was claiming for (I received a cheque this week) My credit file show a default notice on the account with a status of satisfied. How can I have this notice removed? I have already informed the credit reference agency that this will be challenge but I am unsure of what wording or process is required in order to have these removed.

• 10 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5759 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks