Cus2007 v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hope nobody minds a newbie starting a new thread on this wonderful forum..:D

The Circumstances (in short)...

Partner is taken ill and unable to work, we are down to 1 income as a consequence. :(

I alert Halifax and ask for my overdraft to be extended for 3 months over xmas etc (I will receive negotiated backpay from my employer by then and will pay it back).:oops:

2 weeks later I'm told Halifax declined my request but am to be charged £25 a time for every time a direct debit has been paid/returned during that period ! (over £400 !!) :mad:

Anyway I've had enough and have completed a spreadsheet amounting to £3,250 and will be sending them a letter asking for a refund tomorrow.

To all...KEEP POSTING...its an incredible comfort to know I'm not alone ! :cool:

I'll keep you all informed.

Cheers..

Welcome to the forum,

The help you will recieve will be invaluable, there is always some one at hand to help. My advice would be to read peoples threads, its the best way to see what you can expect.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Just a quick update...received a standard letter stating they will pass on to the complaints department (with accompanying pamphlet).

They say they will get back to me with 40 days !! :mad:...I think I'll just stick to my timetable unless they get back to me in the meantime !:rolleyes:

Yes ignore it, very standard. You seem to have the jist of it. ;)

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...

Get it sent...! :D

F&Q's... Read here

Sent my LBA on Friday 22nd ! :p ....not sure if I should follow up by telephone later this week ( they have 14 days to reply).

Is it at this stage that they make an offer (if any) ? or is it after I've initiated civil proceedings ? :confused:

Thanx once again all....you've been wonderful !

If you haven't had any offers from them yet you are probably due one but don't get excited it's usually your highest 6 months worth of charges. You don't need to ring them unless you want to instigate payment of your charges without filing your court action, if you do I would wait until you are getting near to the 14 days. I did this just before christmas and they paid up in full - lost out on the interest though but was happy with result.

Hi all...just to update I've just got my first offer £1000:(

talked to a very nice lady...but she then started to plead poverty claiming the banks will not make any money (how much profit did they make last year ??) :mad:

She then offered up to approx 60% of my claim (is this standard ?).

I will lose out on a lot of money if I take it, but I'm wavering :confused:, I think I need some moral support !!.

Anyway thanx all ....you've made one hell of a difference !!.

Stay strong - for goodness sake don't take it, you will be saying feel free to keep the rest of MY money. Keep to your schedule, they know they will have to pay but they are trying you out. It's been all over the news this weekend, radio 4 saturday and monday, telegraph and financial mail sunday, the courts are getting fed up with the banks so stay strong.

How did you leave your phone call, have you got to ring back tomorrow - if you have tell her you have thought it over but want all your charges back, (if you are not bothered about getting interest) point out (nicely) that if they pay full amount now they will save court costs and interest and confirm to her the day you are due to file court claim.

PS, am probably about a week behind you with hubbys claim, LBA sent today so am expecting some post this week, don't forget if you are rejecting offer but obviously accepting as partial payment, go to bank template library and find the 'response to settlement offer', when I did claim for our joint account I turned down 1,800 and ended up with 5,500 - now theres motivation.

UNBELIEVABLE !!! ...SUCCESS !!

Phoned up this morning and got my money back !!....I cant thank you all enough :-D :-D :-D .

You're all a great bunch ! 8)

I can't believe we stuck it to the big boys :eek:

CONGRATULATIONS.....!!!

Hope you have a great time spending it all..:D:lol::razz:

F&Q's... Read here