You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

dave354uk

Help Needed

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4903 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My girlfriend wants to claim her charges back from the Nationwide, we think it will be around 6k however, she is going to have a problem opening a parachute account as she has a CCJ and two defaults that do not come off until the end of the year. As Nationwide will close her account when she claims, does anybody know of a bank that will give banking facillities to a sub-prime person, please?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Vodafone - Default removed (07/01/07).

MBNA - Claim settled with contractual interest and adjusted credit file to show no late payments (12/02/07).

CABOT - Taken to Court by Cabot/Morgan over alleged credit card debt, case dismissed (06/12/10).

Hi,

This thread may be of use re banks and accounts:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/13832-do-you-need-parachute.html

I guess your options are to claim now, and have an electron \ basic account for 12months, or wait until ccj's drop off history and claim then.

Only you, looking at your accounts, know how much money is owed in charges from 2001. That is the "cost" for putting up with basic banking for 12 months.

I am in a similar situation, I have approx 5k to claim from the last 6years, but as much of it is from the earlier part of the six years, there is a lot of interest they have stolen from me. I have a default on my credit record, it is clear in May, so have been offered an electron account with another bank.

I (and this is a decision only you \ your GF can make) have decided to put up with an electron account for six months as having 5k + interest in my account will make it worthwhile, thus I am going ahead with my claim now.

Do the sums now (inc interest) and then do a "forecast" of the same claim in Jan 2008, assuming a year (hopefully) of no charges in 2007, to give you the "cost" of accepting a basic account.

Hope that helps, I'm just learning about all this myself! :D

• Haha 1

G.