DNA vs Nationwide

DNA
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have had a FlexAccount for 2.5 years now - with £209.50 in charges since the account was opened.

Preliminary letter sent today.

Fingers crossed once again!

Good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Good luck vibes coming your way :D

Argos Employee

Anything I say is my own opinion and in no way am I a representative of Argos Ltd, Home Retail Group plc or any of its companies. No terms are created, nor liability accepted by myself or the for-mentioned companies for any personal advice I provide in my posts.

• 2 weeks later...

Response received from Nationwide this morning:

"Thank you for your letter of 29 April 2006, about charges incurred on your FlexAccount.

Feedback from our members is absolutely invaluable, so we appreciate the time you've taken to get in touch with us about this issues, and we're grateful for the opportunity to explain the rationale behind our charging policy.

As you know if we allow items to be paid and it means you exceed your agreed overdraft or we have to return an item unpaid on your account then we will make a charge in accordance with the terms and conditions. Details of our tariffs are contained without our "FlexAccount Interest Rates and Charges" leaflet, freely available in branches and provided when opening an account and agreed to by yourself when you sign in acceptance of these terms when signing the application forms.

Nationwide belives it is open and transparent about charges and members are pre-notified prior to charges being debited via their monthly statements. If, at any time, we make changes to the tariff, account holders are always informed.

I hope that this has helped to clarify our position and you will appreciate why I am unable to refund any charges on your account. If you would like any further help, please contact me directly at the address at the top o the page or by telephoning me on 01793 xxxxxx.

I must make you aware The Nationwide Group uses the Financial Services Authority rules when dealing with customers' complaints. I've enclosed a leaflet that explains our Internal Complaints Procedure should you not be happy with my reply."

I am not happy with the reply, so a letter before action has been posted to the Nationwide today.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks