BankFodder BankFodder

jaffacat

Jaffacat V Capital One - HELP!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4803 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all.

I`ve been concentrating mainly on my claim against the Halifax and am days away from a settlement so I`m now taking on Capital One.

Here`s the story - I had a Capital One credit card from 1999 to 2002 (when they froze the account). I think I only had a credit limit of £400 but when it was frozen the balance was about £1600 (mainly through charges applied!!!). I managed to get the balance down to £700 then lost touch with them because I moved house so much. Anyway they caughtup with me this year and said they had sold the debt.

That`s when I sent them a S.A.R and got my statements. I calculated £770 in charges in the last six years and sent off the Preliminary Approach letter and got an offer of £270 in full & final settlement.

Obviously I`m not accepting it and intend to send my LBA now.

The thing is - I`ve noticed that some people are claiming contractual interest at 34.9% at court stage. This takes my £770 up to £4700!!!

Would I be able to claim that amount considering that they froze my account (and interest) 4 years ago?

Any help gratefully recieved!

Yes, you can claim that amount regardless of the state of your account, mine has been 33p in credit for the past 2 years, but I am still going to claim back all my charges.

If you decide to claim `contractual' interest, read up as much as you can, really do your homework as it can be very complex.

Hope that helps, keep us posted!

Hi all. *****I`VE WON*****

They paid out my claim in full today - no probs!

Only claimed the 8% though!!