Where to begin????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've spent the past few days reading up on a lot of cases where people have managed to get their bank charges back. I am looking to do the same for 3 account 1 with the Royal Bank and 2 (one of which is now closed) with the bank of scotland.

My question to start with is how different is the procedure in Scotland in comparison with England. I have read the templates for letters on this site and also those which were provided by the Govan Law Centre link.

I'm not sure which ones to use and where to begin. Can you also go through this process when an account has been closed with the bank?????

Hi,

If you are based in Scotland use the Scottish Templates, If based in England use the English Templates. The procedures are very simular, but the wording of the Scottish claims are slightly different. (Scotland - Pursuer where as in England - Claimant etc)

If you are in scotland and get stuck let me know and I will send you copies of the letters etc that I used in several claims with success.

The big main difference with Scotland is the limits on the small claims track.. £750 as compaired to £5000 in England.

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Cheers guys i'm working up to getting the whole process started. The advice has been very helpful. Reidnet have you used the templates from the Govan Law Centre? I have them all saved and wondered if you had used these ones. Also when calculating how much you have been charged do you enter every charge you have received???? I'm thinking about the bank of scotland in particular when they whack you with a £39 charge and then £28 charge if you don't have an overdraft. This could be quite a sum i know this even before calculating anything. the only daunting thing for me is the small claims side as i know that i will definetly be needing several claims as the limit is over £750!!!!!

Hiya again, I think you are following me..lol (only kidding),

I claimed for all the £30 and £28 charges. I had to split my claim to Lloyds TSB into 2 claims due to the naff £750 limit here, of course you can try the Ordinary Cliam which has a limit of £1500, though this method can carry some financial risk should the case be lost. The fact that no case have so far to my knowledge been lost using this route.

I would start a thread in the appropriate bank form, and have a read through posts on each forum. This will give you a better idea of how individual banks are responding to these claims and will also show up any tricks that they are getting up to.

Also have a good read through all the FAQ's etc before sending off anything to the banks, if there is anything you are unsure of please dont be afraid to ask anyone..we are all here for the same purpose after all.

Where in Scotland are you from..?

Good Luck and keep up the fight, (I have spare set of Boxing Gloves if you require them..lol)

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

of course you can try the Ordinary Cliam which has a limit of £1500, though this method can carry some financial risk should the case be lost.

No, that's Summary Cause - for claims between £750 and £1500. An 'Ordinary Action' is for amounts over £1500.

(I wonder what amount an 'Extraordinary Actioin' kicks in :)