• Tweets

• I would stand your ground and go for the interest. Even if the interest is not awarded you will get the judgement and the worst that might happen is that you won't get your claim fee.  However, it is almost inevitable that you will get the interest.  It is correct that it is at the discretion of the judge but the discretion is almost always exercised in favour of the claimant in these cases.  I think you should stand your ground and don't give even the slightest penny away
    • Yep, true to form, they are happy to just save a couple of quid... They invariably lose in court, so to them, that's a win. 😅
    • Your concern regarding the 14 days delivery is a common one. Not been on the forum that long, but I don't think the following thought has ever been challenged. My view is that they should have proof of when it was posted, not when they "issued", or printed it. Of course, they would never show any proof of postage, unless it went to court. Private parking companies are simply after money, and will just keep sending ever more threatening letters to intimidate you into paying up. It's not been mentioned yet, but DO NOT APPEAL! You could inadvertently give up useful legal protection and they will refuse any appeal, because they're just after the cash...  
    • The sign says "Parking conditions apply 24/7". Mind you, that's after a huge wall of text. The whole thing is massively confusing.  Goodness knows what you're meant to do if you spend only a fiver in Iceland or you stay a few minutes over the hour there.
    • Hi and thanks It looks like they ticked all the boxes to me but I'll try and upload the notice. I was wondering if a witness to late delivery might be considered proof - I'm assuming they posted it as normal but Royal Mail stuffed up delivery. If not then they're really saying it just has to be posted within 12 days of the incident, regardless of when it is received. Annoying! edit ok thanks Honeybee here's my 2nd (actually 3rd) attempt at anonymising, copying and uploading the notice! Sorry about the state of it - I sat on it while distracted by my dog 🙃 pcn front.pdf pcn back page.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

shazza26 v Lloyds

shazza26
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HELP PLEASE

I need some help on filling out my AQ I received an N150. After reading all the information about the new directions for AQ and How to fill in the AQ im a bit stuck.

If ive understood it properly then I attach the directions to section F however when looking at section F there are two boxes that need to be filled in

Have you attached a list of the directions you think appopriate for the management of this claim to the I take it I tick yes ?

but the second question is where i have the query do I need to phone lloyds solictors to inform them about this or just tick NO

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but just dont want to get it wrong

OH MY GOD

Ive just spent all night filling in my AQ and just checked my lloyds account and there is £2004 been credit to my account. It is short of what I was asking for which is £2627.

My AQ is due back at the court by monday 5th could someone please advise what I do now as It my sound greedy but I still want the other £600 do I phone the solictors and ask for the rest can some one please advise as taking off the £120 court fees that means they have given me £1884

any advice please

That is good. Just carry on and file the AQ, as there is a shortfall - no greed going on, it is your money.

They should advise you how they have calculated the £2,004 in writing, although sometimes they do not. You can then decide the next steps from there.

• Haha 1

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

hi

Just to let you know have not received a letter yet telling me how they came to the £2004 figure so I phoned the solicitors where some woman took my details and I was told someone would ring back guess what I am still waiting for the return phone call anyway Ill be phoning again in the morning and if I get fobbed off again it will be down to the court with my AQ and my letter of rejection off to llyods.

Any advice Please!!

received this letter of S&M this morning with regards to money going in to account.

we refer to the above matter and can confirm that our client will be settling in the above claim by crediting your bank account within the next three working days for the sum of £2004.11, a our client advises that they have already refunded £750.00 i to you bank account on 03/01/07. You are advised at this stage that by our client meeting your claim on this occasion, this is not to be treated in anyway as an admission of liability. This is merely an attempt to resolve the matter amicably between the parties concerned.

We therfore trust you shall write to the court to confirm that the claim has been settled once the funds have been received and provided this office with a copy of the letter for our clients records.

yours faithfully

S&M

My AQ has to be in today as deadline is Monday I have tried to ring them to find out how they have come to this figure as I have already deducted the £750 before the claim was but in which if they looked back on the letters I have sent them they would know this. Before £750 deduct the owed me £2520 which was the spreadsheet I sent them with LBA. Spreadsheet that went to them with N1 form was for £1775.00 plus £732.73 interest totalling £2507.73 then with £120 court fee on top that came to £2627.73 can anyone else work out how they have come to the £2004.11 figure cos I certainly cant and any advise what I should do next do I just take my AQ today?

Hope that all makes sense

Hi

Have you claimed anything you weren't supposed to? Eg, service/account charges, all the overdraft interest. Have you claimed more than 6 years? I don't know what else it can be, hope you get it sorted.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

hi Barty

Thanks for replying I claimed for

overdfraft usage fee

unpaid DD fee

unpaid CHQ fee

unpaid S/O fee

that was all I claimed for I didnt add any thing else because I didnt want to mke things complicated for myself the only thing I can think is they are trying to get out of paying the 8% interest. this is the only thing i can think it could be will I stillbe able to go ahead for the outstanding I havent sent in my AQ yet i have had to wait know till very last minute because of this so Ill have to take it in now on Monday first thing as I have still not had a call back from S&M.

What do you think?

Hi

I have decided to send in AQ for the outstanding amount but can someone please help with regards to whether I inform the court or not that a part payment has been made and what sort of letter should I send to S&M with regards to accepting the payment as part settlement and informing them that they have callculated there figures wrong. Id just like a rough idea wht to put if possible as im not very good with legal things

I can,t quite understand your maths. If they owed you £2627 any they have paid you £750 surely they are offering you more than you have claimed for ?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html#post436526

click my scales if you think i am helpful ! yes LHS down there !!

Once more into the breach dear friends,once more

or close the wall up with our banks dead ,

The games afoot,follow your spirit and upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry' England and St George

Henry V battle of Agincourt 1415

If it had been paid before I had started court proceedings then yes it would be more fine. But as I have already startd proceedings there is a short fall now off £618

First letter Sent was asking for charges to be paid back of £2520

Recieved payment of £750 this leaving a total to claim for of £1770

But then I commenced court proceedings with interest added on top

£1770 + £732.73intrest =£2502.73

plus £120 court Fee £2622.73

Then I recieved a payment of £2004.11

£2622.73 - £2004.11 = a short fall of £618.62

Can any one please give advice on what sort of letter I can right to the solicitors with that information obviously I do not want to slip up

thanks

Sechiari, Clark & Mitchell

Department SO

PO Box 499

Upper Ground Floor

1-5 Queens Road Quandrant

Brighton

BN1 3XJ

In the Preston County Court

xxxxxxxxx-v-Lloyds TSB Plc

Claim Number: xxxxxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your letter dated 27 February 2007.

The offer of payment contained in the letter is welcome, but only represents part settlement of my claim. Accordingly I have to decline the offer for the following reason.

With regards to your clients payment of £750 on the 3 January 2007 this sum was deducted from my claim before I filed in court. The original balance was £2520 I have enclosed a copy of the schedule of charges that were sent to your client before court proceedings where issued. Please also find enclosed a copy of the charges schedule which you will have also received when my claim was filed with Preston county court. I hope this will clarify the situation with regards to the £750 part payment.

Whilst your clients have offered the total amount of charges and costs, i.e. £2754.11 the amount of interest added to my claim, i.e. £732.73 as at (date of claim) has not been included. The amount of interest has since increased by £00.39 per day and now stands at £751.06. This must be added to the sum already offered to provide a total settlement amount of £3491.06.This is the only amount acceptable to me.

Please convey this response to your clients and tell them that I look forward to receiving their revised offer in the very near future. Until such time as a revised offer is received, the claim will continue as dictated by court procedure.

this is the letter I have wrote to send to SCM with regards to the £2004.11 payment does anyone think I need to add anything also what ould I need to add to my AQ to inform the court that this payment has been made

Yes, thats fine - good job.;)

In section D of the N150, put the amount in dispute as the new amount outstanding after the refunds.

In section H, just add something like;

The defendent has made 2 part-payments in respect of this claim. On **/**/** a credit to my bank account was made in the sum of £750, and on **/**/** a further credit was made in the sum of £***. The Claimant understands that the Defendent may have intended this further sum to represent a settlement of the total value of this claim. However, this leaves an outstanding sum of £***, which the Claimant wishes to pursue. I have written to the Defendent to invite it to clarify its position or to make further payment in order that a full settlement may be reached. Please find attached a copy of the letter to which I refer.

and attach a copy of your letter to SC&M.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Thanks gary for your reply

I struggled yesterday and Had to go out so I was not able to receive your reply. My dead line was for today I was pushing it fine I know

Anyway I had already filled in my AQ when I received payment So I have taken a bit of a gamble and just added on to section H that the defendant had made a part payment of £2004.11 and that there was stll and oustanding balance of £xxx.xx left to pay.

If this is not good enough do you think I should write a letter to the court and take it in tommorow and ask it to be attached to my AQ.

This just goes to show how incompetant llyods and there solicitors are, had they of passed on previous correspondence to SCM this would not be the case now as they would have known that £750 had been deducted before court proceedings.

I hope other people do not have the same problem as there was alot of us who received £750 around the same time

Should be fine - although the court will actually allow you to add to or amend it if you wanted to.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.