shazza26 v Lloyds

shazza26
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Im new to this can anyone help me. I have followed everything on this website which has been a great help but now iam unsure what I should do next.

I started my claim against llyods on the 27th November 2006 by sending my first letter I recieved a standard reply back from them stating that the were sorry i was unhappy but the charges stand blah blah.

So I sent them a letter on the 13th December stating that they had 14 days to reply and settle or i would take them to court. Those 14 days passed and I heard nothing and was waiting to get the funds to start court proceeding. Then today out of the blue I recieve a letter of them dated the 2nd January offering me £750 my charges far exceed this amount and obviously i do not want to except this offer, my problem now though is do I send a letter declining this offer but except it as part payment or do not acknowledge them and just carry on with court proceedings as they were late in replying to me anyway.

Can anyone help and has anyone else been made an offer like this

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what you need - looks like this is a common thing with Lloyds at the moment:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejection-settlement-offer.html

Subtract the £750 from your claim amount before the 8% is added on. You should be able to put it in the spreadsheet and it will adjust it for you.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Thanks for that ill send my letter off tomorrow its madness that they are now offering everyone this figure do they not realise that we are not going lie down like dogs and accept there low inadequate offers

can anyone help me im at the stage of filling out my N1 form to take to the court on monday. The problem I have is that now Lloyds have offer me £750 an I have sent the rejection/settlement letter stating I will except this as partial offer how do i now recalculate my interest and do i need to include it any where on my N1 form

Please can anyone help

Please can anyone help me I have been reading this site now for hours and can still not find the answer i am looking for any help would be gratefully recieved.

My problem is if I deduct th £750 Lloyds paid me form my total what do i then do about the interest and do I state on my N1 that this deduction has been made and why, also where would i put this information i hope all this makes sense

Please please can anyone help

Hi Shazza

sadly I am too tipsy to recall the names of the threads - but your question has been answered here.

I think, although not 100% that you need to accept the £750 by way of partial payment - if it is partial - and proceed with your claim. Also subject to other input, so far you have only had an 'offer' of £750, so on Monday, if £750 not in your account, continue your claim as you have prepared. To do so would not be disengenuous as the £750 is not real money

Hope this helps, but do wait around for further advice

regards

Paula

cheers for that paula I have had the money in my account since yesterday and sent the rejection/settlement letter off last night but sticking to my deadline means i need to go and put my claim in on monday.

Im just finding it all confusing now especially with this latest tatic of theres. So now all i need to know is do I adjust the amount from the charges they impossed on me and leave the interest the same this is the bit thats confusing and now im not making any sense and i havent even had a drink!!

thanks for your help if this site wasnt here i think id have stopped at the first hurdel.

Hi Shazza, sadly I have been drinking for quite a while, well not that sad, but my typing speed has ground to a halt.

Clearly you cannot claim what you are not owed. To do so may/will make you look unprepared. So, and again subject to more coherant input, i would personally deduct the £750 from the last batch of charges. That way you are off setting the charges which have accrued the least amount of interest.

I hope that makes sense

Regards

Paula

thanks that makes perfect sense now I just need a bit of guidance and even if you have had a drink it aint showing your making pefect sense to me

Thanks for the input and help i will be abl to complete my form now

Tah Dah!

Although please do wait for the more experienced to come along. My instinct says what Ihave said mustbe right, but instinct and knowledge are not always good bedfellows.

Chuffed to bits I make sense when 'fuzzy'

Regards

Paula

hi

Im just about ready to take my claim to court and have filled out my N1 I want to take it tomorow but would like some confirmation that i deduct the £750 goodwill gesture from my charges before submitting my claim..

I know ive asked this question before but I would like to be sure as I do not want to mess things up

thanks

Yes, you do deduct it.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Yes, you do.

If you want to keep it simple, do as Paula says and take the £750 off by removing £750 worth of the most recent charges.

What you could do though if you wanted to still claim all the interest, is divide 750 by the number of charges that you have. This will give you a figure which you can then subtract from each charge.

That way the £750 is deducted as a proportion of each charge, rather than as whole charges.

You could then still claim all the 8% interest on the total before the £750 refund up untill the date you received it. Thereafter you would calculate your daily rate from the new total after the refund.

With me?

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Thanks gary

Thats a great help just didnt want to mess thing up and wanted to be a 100% sure. I have done it the way paula said as it does seem the simple way.

So its off to Preston county court tomorow to put my claim in

Total to be claimed £2627.73

It would be nice to get this back as its Lloyds fault I got in so much financial trouble back in 2002 and im still trying to get myself straight now. Its amazing how back then they used to charge you twice in a month once at the beginning and then at the end. One month alone I had £200 pound in charges how can that possibly be justified if only they would take a case to court because I would love to see how that can be explained and justified.

Keep you all informed of how my claim goes and thanks everyone for your advice so far. Dont think Id have got this far with out it .

Good luck Shazza:)

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hi all

Ive have noticed that alot of people have had a £750 pound goodwill gesture starting since the end of November but im just wondering whether anyone has recieved a reply back after sending the rejection/partial payment letter. Just curious as I would like to know if they approched any other tactics.

STORY SO FAR

13/10/06 SARS REQUEST

23/11/06 STATEMENTS RECIEVED

27/11/06 PREM LETTER SENT

6/12/06 STANDARD REJECTION LETTER RECIEVED

13/12/06 LBA LETTER SENT

02/01/07 GOODWILL GESTURE RECIEVED £750 (nice but no good enough)

03/01/07 MONEY IN BANK

03/01/07 REJECTION/PARTIAL PAYMENT LETTER SENT

10/01/07 N1 FILED IN PRESTON COUNTY COURT

Let the fight begin:)

Just to let you know that my claim is now in with Preston County as off 11am today.

Just out of interested nobody has answered my previous question

Has anyone yet received a reply back from llyods with regards to the £750 goodwill gesture being accepted as partial payment?

No, they don't reply.

hi

just an update and a quick query i have recieved my notice of issue today

Lloyds were served on the 12th January and they have till he 26th January to reply do i just still back know and wait for them to acknowledge wil they get in touch with me or the court i know this sounds like a stupid question but like many others I have never done anything like ths before

Bit nervous really.

Ive looked at the court bundle its looks fairly straight forward but am I right in thinkig I dont need to worry about this just yet.

One last thing do i need to le someone on here know my claim number

Hi

If you PM one of the Moderators with your claim number and details of your claim.

Yes it's just a matter of waiting now for them to acknowledge, and then them to enter a defence. The Court will let you know when this happens.

Don't worry about anything, we are all here to help you:)

You can leave the Court Bundle until you receive a court date.

Good luck, and just ask if you have any more questions.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

No they didn't reply to me when I sent then the rejection / partial payment letter, this tactic of sending £750 at the moment you are about to go to court does seem to be to confuse the issue, I was caught out and made the claim for the full amount, even though the £750 was already in the account! GaryH said to just leave it like that and to tell the court what has happened... I have worked out the Interest to be deducted on the £750, by adding only the last few charges to the value of £750 and then the interest on those only is less than about £30.00, seemed the easiest thing to do. And meant that I got max interest on the longer length charges - does that make sense?!

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:D Halifax Bank...December 2006 ..... WON! 1 week after N1 filed.

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:p Nationwide.........April 2007 Nationwide.......WON, 3 weeks after N1 filed.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

:smile:HSBC - full settlement ...on behalf of my son...