flint vs halifax crazy problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:confused: hello I am new and if this is the wrong forum to post please accept my apologies. now let me begin I am with the Halifax bank I went over drawn simply because a company took money out my account with out my authorization. I told this to Halifax they ignored it so I complained to the company wrote them a letter and I got back a refund.Halifax charged me £30 for going over drawn £1.20 and like I said that was not my fault I wrote a basic letter asking them to refund me the charges for the whole year they offered £118 I was disgusted by that amount because my yearly charge came up to £235 then I sent them a letter saying how disgusted with them I was, and I was offended by that offer. I said I want the full amount I reject your offer! by that time they have hit me with a £30 and £28 which I will not pay its like a snow ball effect they just hit you with charges for not paying charges £28 a time to £30 I have threats of them saying "we are going to close your account" the same old rubbish they come out with due to miss management of my account

they sent me a letter saying are colleague offered you a good will gesture of £118 I did not accept and we will not pay you the full amount they sent a list of charges claiming to be from the past 6 years from 2005 to 2006 saying there are no more charges that's it £234 for the last six years.

I have not yet asked then for my data under the data protection act but wrote back saying I have calculated my charges from year 2000 to 2006 and you owe me £2598 including 8 % that was just a ruff maths I just thought they could just check and agree or disagree I have no evidence to support my claims like I said I just thought of a figure. now they sent another letter saying I should get the company to pay some of the charges for me since they made me go over drawn which I am not because they have gave me a refund non the less.

so what do you think? have fluffed this up?. or should I continue and go for my data and check how much they really oh and send then a another letter for payment. please advice:rolleyes:

also I done all this with out knowing of this good website so now I will educate my self even more on how to do it properly. so my good internet consumer people what do you think please be honest?

:D I WON. HALIFAX PAID IN FULL DONT GIVE UP THE FIGHT IT WILL BE ALRIGHT:)

:confused: hello I am new and if this is the wrong forum to post please accept my apologies. now let me begin I am with the Halifax bank I went over drawn simply because a company took money out my account with out my authorization. I told this to Halifax they ignored it so I complained to the company wrote them a letter and I got back a refund.Halifax charged me £30 for going over drawn £1.20 and like I said that was not my fault I wrote a basic letter asking them to refund me the charges for the whole year they offered £118 I was disgusted by that amount because my yearly charge came up to £235 then I sent them a letter saying how disgusted with them I was, and I was offended by that offer. I said I want the full amount I reject your offer! by that time they have hit me with a £30 and £28 which I will not pay its like a snow ball effect they just hit you with charges for not paying charges £28 a time to £30 I have threats of them saying "we are going to close your account" the same old rubbish they come out with due to miss management of my account

they sent me a letter saying are colleague offered you a good will gesture of £118 I did not accept and we will not pay you the full amount they sent a list of charges claiming to be from the past 6 years from 2005 to 2006 saying there are no more charges that's it £234 for the last six years.

I have not yet asked then for my data under the data protection act but wrote back saying I have calculated my charges from year 2000 to 2006 and you owe me £2598 including 8 % that was just a ruff maths I just thought they could just check and agree or disagree I have no evidence to support my claims like I said I just thought of a figure. now they sent another letter saying I should get the company to pay some of the charges for me since they made me go over drawn which I am not because they have gave me a refund non the less.

so what do you think have fluffed this up. or should I continue and go for my data and check how much they really oh and send then a another letter for payment. please advice:rolleyes:

also I done all this with out knowing of this good website so now I will educate my self even more on how to do it properly. so my good internet consumer people what do you think please be honest?

hi 99,

the first thing is the £30 charge is still a penalty charge, they cannot penalise you this way, they are only allowed to charge you what it actually cost them.

second, when i started on this, i had also phoned the halifax to ask for my charges to be refunded and they refused, this was not the answer i wanted and decided that there must be a way to deal with this problem, that was when I stumbled across this site and then started from the top.

You will need to read and follow the advice on this site, start at the beggining with a letter to the data controller (in the templates section), at least then you will have the correct information with regard to what charges have gone out of your account in the last six years.

Then go for it, you may have to reword some of the letters with reference to the offer they gave you, all that said though they have still illegally deducted money from your account.

have a read of this thread first just so you know whats required of you

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/announcement-center-bankfodder-very-sick.html

it does take some time a lot of head scratching and bear in mind that this will cost them a small fortune in the long run, therefore they wont make it easy for you!

:)

don't knock it 'till you've tried it! :)

hi 99,

the first thing is the £30 charge is still a penalty charge, they cannot penalise you this way, they are only allowed to charge you what it actually cost them.

second, when i started on this, i had also phoned the halifax to ask for my charges to be refunded and they refused, this was not the answer i wanted and decided that there must be a way to deal with this problem, that was when I stumbled across this site and then started from the top.

You will need to read and follow the advice on this site, start at the beggining with a letter to the data controller (in the templates section), at least then you will have the correct information with regard to what charges have gone out of your account in the last six years.

Then go for it, you may have to reword some of the letters with reference to the offer they gave you, all that said though they have still illegally deducted money from your account.

have a read of this thread first just so you know whats required of you

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/announcement-center-bankfodder-very-sick.html

it does take some time a lot of head scratching and bear in mind that this will cost them a small fortune in the long run, therefore they wont make it easy for you!

:)

Thank you very much beano2,

so you think I can continue my quest even though I blagged £2000 for the six years which I requested? all I have to do is start again bfrom the beginning and ill be on the write track? thank you for your reply know I feel like I got some support ill try my best to deal with this then move on to the CSA then bankrupts lol I have a king Kong mountain to clime but that's life thank you.

Start from the beginning. Make sure all your figures are correct, don't guess at all, or they could indeed use it against you and you won't get a penny. It takes a little while, but it's worth it - I got my payout this afternoon and am over the moooooooon!!! :D

Who gives you Xtra? :confused:

=========================================

HALIFAX PLC

PAID IN FULL - £1799.20 31/10/06

Round 2 - Prelim sent 29/06/07

thanks for your reply mikefellows. so i guess u got full paymeant was that after you served court papers or was that during the course of geeting ready for court? i reallly angry with the halifax they bring it on them selfs and take the peasssss £30 for going over on £1.90 and that was bcos a online shop used my details with out me knowing and halifax have the cheek to say got them to pay it lol. it is funny when u think about it:mad::rolleyes:

Yea, was after I'd issued my moneyclaim that I got payout. 10 days it took from there. Best of luck, and like I said, make sure you're figures are correct all the way along. If it did go to court and it looked like your figures were out, you'd probably not get a penny!

Who gives you Xtra? :confused:

=========================================

HALIFAX PLC

PAID IN FULL - £1799.20 31/10/06

Round 2 - Prelim sent 29/06/07

• 1 month later...

:( hello i know u most be very busy but, is it essential to calculate interest? 8% the bank till this day owes me £236. bcos of going over my overdraft.limit by £1.something i have not paid them simply bcos i felt paying £30 plus £28 a month charge was taking the ****. so now its just mounting up.

now how do you actually calculate interest on that? it £236 + 8% =£254,88? i have looked on the site until my eyes are saw and red now im getting headacks from that so i thought id asK before my head explodes, it could be me not understanding, i have been sent the standard letter offering me half final settlement, but now its time for court,

i see they say the court fee is £150? can i get the forms at my local court or is the mcol better i have heard some people don't have to pay court costs how do u go about doing that? i have been layed off a month ago now claiming job seekers allowanc figured id take a break till after xmass being umemplyed is there some kind of form i can fill in for this for court fees to be waved? just need some quick basic questions if u don't mind

See here for exemption:

Court Fees - do you have to pay them?

To calculate s69 8% interest

Use the Simple S/S here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

and guide here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/7226-maisielou-barclays.html#post50088

Overwrite the existing examples type of charge, amount and date.

The days since and 8% will be calculated automatically

• Haha 1

See here for exemption:

Court Fees - do you have to pay them?

To calculate s69 8% interest

Use the Simple S/S here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

and guide here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/7226-maisielou-barclays.html#post50088

Overwrite the existing examples type of charge, amount and date.

The days since and 8% will be calculated automatically

Thank you brown you are a diamond. ok where it says "Days since offence" is that the date when it was on my bank statmeants and count the days till now?

• 4 weeks later...

:-D:D hello every one, hope you had a nice xmass, i filled in the court forms sent it off waited 5 days got reply from court with copies and court number, Halifax had i think? 2 weeks to reply.

I had a reply alright they intend to defend but, decided they rather pay up in full and admit no liability.

thank you to every one who wrote there experiences and how to instructions. dont give up the fight its going to be alright. now thats a rap. haa haa

BIG THANK YOU TO ANGI OUT THERE SOME WHERE IN THE MATRIX. WELL SHES ON THIS SITE. SHE HELPED ME ALOT BEHIND THE SCENES BUT I FEEL HER REAL NAME IS ANGEL:roll:

wow the things you have to do to get your money back. and they are the ones who ripped us off, for years, banks convinced us it was fair.I mean i was practising what to say to the judge in front of the mirror with my pinstripe suit on.getting mentaly ready i was even talking like prince charles nice clear and posh lol

SO NOW WHAT I DO? THEY WANT ME TO CONTACT THE COURT SAYING ITS BEEN DONE. SHOULD I JUST WAIT TILL THEY PAY UP?

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO THE UP AND COMMING SORRY FOR THE CAPS:p

Wait until you've got the money and it's cleared in your account, then let the court know it's been settled.

Then perhaps see an agent about your Prince Charles act? You could make a mint out of it! Failing that, just enjoy the money.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Then perhaps see an agent about your Prince Charles act? You could make a mint out of it! Failing that, just enjoy the money.

LOL you never no the muppet show is doing a come back:lol:

I am pleased

I got a partial refund of my claim from Capital One who owe me almost £200 and sent the usual boring letter. LBA to go out shortly but I need to word my LBA to take into account of the token refund they said they will pay into my account...

Any ideas?

Also HALIFAX did acknowledge receipt of the PRELIM letter and subsequently they've added another charge to my account. Deadline was yesterday and I have not heard from them so LBA to go out too

Its all very stressful!

Hope you all had a better Christmas than I did!

thanks everybody

:confused: :confused: ok hello every one and happy new year to you, ok was suppose to go court to fight the Halifax I got a letter saying they will pay up. they paid the money to my account same day. now what happened is I left it until now. I was going to write to the court saying the issue is done then before I don't that I checked my account to see if everything is ok before I close it then it looks like they have charged me £28 30th December and going to charge me £28 January 2007

I rang them up asking what the hell is going on they said "we have paid what you asked these charges where pending from before" and they continued to say any other claim will be defended and your account shut down.

I don't mind my account being shut down because I have 5 more accounts open with different branches. but I was under the impression when claiming and sending of your forms that you can not add future claims which you already know about when taking them to court I knew that they where charging me to further payment but I was under the impression you can not add them because they where not issued.

so know there waking me with £28 which they have already taken and a further £28 I January. I have not told the court yet it has been settled so what should I do? any good advise will do. or do I let them take the money and leave it. what do you people think???:shock:

You should have had notification of pending charges still to be applied, so they'll argue you were aware of them.

Your claim will have been settled on the amount you stated, which is without these new charges.

You have the option to start a new claim for these, with the danger they will close the account as they had warned of this - although it's not really justified of them to do so as you're still using the same argument, that the charges are unlawful.

In a nutshell, you've settled your previous claim so cannot add to that. If you do want to get this back then you need to start again with a prelim letter.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

You should have had notification of pending charges still to be applied, so they'll argue you were aware of them.

Your claim will have been settled on the amount you stated, which is without these new charges.

You have the option to start a new claim for these, with the danger they will close the account as they had warned of this - although it's not really justified of them to do so as you're still using the same argument, that the charges are unlawful.

In a nutshell, you've settled your previous claim so cannot add to that. If you do want to get this back then you need to start again with a prelim letter.

OMG...even through that was just them adding money on each month what a rip off off. so now can or is it possible to go for another claim after all i have not gone over my overdraft. these charges where for the same claim. so if that the case im geting charged £28 for nothing..i mean i thought if it did go to court i could claim any pending charges hmmm interesting..what would you do? or what would the people here do leave it or just get your money back?

They key phrase is

Your claim will have been settled on the amount you stated...

You asked for a certain amount, gave them a list of what that related to, and have settled that claim.

If they've added charges since that point then you have the choice -

a) ignore them and accept you've had a refund, enough is enough.

b) start a new claim for the later charges, at the risk of losing the account (if they carry out that threat).

Your original claim is over, you would have to let the court know of the settlement etc. These new charges are seperate from, despite being linked to, what you claimed previously.

They key phrase is

You asked for a certain amount, gave them a list of what that related to, and have settled that claim.

If they've added charges since that point then you have the choice -

a) ignore them and accept you've had a refund, enough is enough.

b) start a new claim for the later charges, at the risk of losing the account (if they carry out that threat).

Your original claim is over, you would have to let the court know of the settlement etc. These new charges are seperate from, despite being linked to, what you claimed previously.

hello hillards where you say ignore the charges do you men just pay them and leave it at that?

i don't care about them closing my account i have 2 more current accounts that was only there to move money in and out. but it seems there charging me for nothing the whole point of court was to resolve this issue but still applying charges to my account to do with my old claim.

it states in the letter i received if i incur future charges my account maybe shut. i have no problem with that accept i have not incurred any charges these charges where applied from my old claim and added on while i filled in the form and sent back if i had known this i would have added them on. but i do understand what your saying just seems really unfair.

what would you do? would u just leave and and let them take a further £56 in full and continue with your account or go for another claim for what they owe abd just accept the closer of your account knowing you have another one anyway?:confused:

Yep - that's basically it, either ignore and accept that you've to pay that out if you don't feel it's worthwhile taking further action, or go for it - send a new letter in to start reclaiming those charges too.

You have not been to court, so have not proved anything. They've settled ahead of court action under the term 'goodwill gesture' or because it's not commercially viable for them to go to court.

I don't have an account any more, so they couldn't slap any more on. It's up to you. Personally I would start a new action to reclaim the £56.

They know and we know that they will end up paying it back...