You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4903 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I had a PPI on my mortgage which I took out at the start of the mortgage.

The company who sold it to me, knew I was a self-employed IT contractor but still sold me the policy which covered unemployment, death etc...

I recently changed mortgage and was told by the new mortgage provider, that my PPI wouldn't have covered me for unemployment as I was self-employed IT contractor.

I paid about £67 per month for about 7 years !

Was I mis-sold the PPI and do I have grounds for reclaiming the premiums I paid ?

Thanks

Citybloke

In a word ..YES you have a valid complaint here with Mis Selling, First step as normal would be to Submit a SAR to the company that sold you the policy and arranged your Mortgage. Unless you have the original copies of all the documentation.

The more information that you have at hand before you start your complaint will put you in a better position to fight your case.

You should also claim back for Interest on each payment (at the contractual rate) from the date of each payment until the date you submit your claim.

Be prepared for a long battle with this one though.

The Tonight with Trevor McDonald Programm on 12 January 2007 may also be worth watching, It is all about PPI..I had film crew etc here this morning.

Good Luck and if you need help don't be afraid to ask

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.