BankFodder BankFodder

Jhawc24

Help re: notice for a fitness programme

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4891 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I foolishly got talked into signing a student agreement at a local martial arts club on the 4 Dec. I had to pay joining fee of £98 (which I told them I'd pop in later with and didn't) and a monthly fee of £98 starting on the 1st Jan. I was told that I 'could cancel at any time'.

I cancelled the DD before it went out of the bank, I thought because I had not made the joining fee that in effect that would have cancelled the whole thing.

Have just received a letter advising me that I have to give 3 months notice to cancel plus they will charge interest on late payments at 4% above the base rate.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction before I go in all guns blazing! Is this an unfair contract?

Any advice kindly accepted.

Regards, Joan

First letter to halifax sent rec del 26/4

Data Protection Act letter to capital one sent rec del 26/4

Halifax 1st offer dated 5/5

Capital One ack Data Protection Act request rec 6/5

Request for repayment to Capital One 2/8

LBA sent 22/8

Court proceedings issued 13/10

Settled in Full 9/11

Donation made 14/11