BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• The employer should consult staff about furlough and ideally they should be transparent about what's happening, but this is all new.   Emmzzi may know more than I do.   HB
    • Email,. today from BW Legal    Without Prejudice Save as to Costs 09 April 2020 Dear XXXXXXX Our Client: PRAC Financial Limited Balance Due: £521.65 Hearing Venue: XXXXXXXX Original Creditor: Instant Cash Loans Ltd trading as Payday UK Original Account Number: XXXXXXX Hearing Date: 16 June 2020 We are writing to you because the court has listed our client's claim for a court hearing on 16 June 2020. We understand this is a difficult time for everyone, which is why our client is keen to resolve matters amicably by offering you the opportunity to pay a discounted balance on the sums due. We wanted to let you know that we are available to assist you throughout this time via numerous methods, from our Contact Centre, Webchat and our Customer Portal. We want to ensure that if you are or have been directly or indirectly impacted by COVID-19, that you still get to the best advice and reassurance about how to manage your account with us. Please call us on 0113 468 3021 or speak to us via Webchat so we can assist you at this time, we just need to understand your circumstances in order that we can help. Great News - 35% Discount Offer Our client wants to help with any possible financial burden that you may have and we are able to now offer you a pre-approved discount. This can be paid in one lump sum, or you can pay this over a pre-agreed instalment plan. This offer is open until 09 May 2020. What is even better for you is that you do not need to call us to accept this offer if this is affordable to you. Just log in, or register to use our Customer Portal www.bwlegal.co.uk and select "Customer Login". The pre-approved settlement and plan is ready for you to accept. You need to quote our reference, along with your address details and a couple of other security questions in order to register. Our Customer Portal is very easy to navigate and you can choose various different payment methods and payment dates. You can also use the payment calculator, view your account, statement and talk to us via Webchat if you need assistance. Strictly, without prejudice, the discount available is 35% from your current balance. If you do take advantage of the offer, the revised amount to pay will be £339.07 if paid by 09 May 2020. If you cannot afford to pay the discounted amount in full, do not worry. If affordable for you, you can still take advantage of the offer by repayment plan. We have a pre-approved monthly instalment amount of £20.00. The plan has been recommended to take into account estimated disposable income. We have also made it easy for you to accept the offer without having to call us. If this is affordable to you then simply log onto our Customer Portal and accept to pay the offer by instalments. You will be able to choose the first payment date and payment method. Once the offer has been accepted, we will withdraw the claim and notify the court that the hearing listed on 16 June 2020 does not need to go ahead. If you have filed a counterclaim, you will need to ensure that you inform the court and ourselves, in writing, that you no longer wish to proceed with the counterclaim. Important information about credit reporting When you opt to set up a discounted repayment plan, if our client already reports your account to a credit reference agency then they will continue to report your balance and payment each month. On receipt of your final payment, our client will then mark your agreement as closed with the status "settlement".   Yours sincerely, BW Legal
    • Note that most experts believe that re infection cases are faulty tests. Plus there are always a small number of people who can get something twice. I can attest to this as I was unfortunate enough to get Chicken Pox again as an adult, something I wouldn’t wish on anybody.
    • Post 16  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/420400-vcs-spycar-pcn-no-stopping-southend-airport/?tab=comments#comment-5040496   Post 23  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/419312-vcs-pcn-no-stopping-in-restricted-zone-bristol-airport/#comments   Here are two good examples.  Tweak them according to your circumstances and post up what you intend to send.
    • FCA announcement 9/4/20 From interest-free overdrafts to credit card payments, the FCA has told banks to help borrowers during coronavirus crisis: What will it mean for you? The FCA said banks must offer interest-free overdraft buffers of £500 It also said people could put their credit card repayments on hold for 3 months This would not affect their credit score but they would still be charged interest This is Money explains what the proposals mean for consumers     https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cardsloans/article-8203647/What-todays-new-FCA-debt-measures-mean-you.html   https://www.fca.org.uk/news/press-releases/fca-confirms-temporary-financial-relief-customers-impacted-coronavirus
  • Our picks

Must_Crush_Capitalism

MCM VS Barclays

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4462 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Greetings beautiful ones! I've been advised to start a thread here to update you fine people on whatever progress I make with this ****. So much money taken in "paid refferal fees" so I've sent off my DPA request to find out just have much has been stolen from me.

This is clearly an issue that doesn't get enough coverage; I finally got mad enough to check out the web regarding the legality of these charges and found this little gem of a site.

I will update as and when...good luck to you all.

MCM.

"Crime is crime. I don't care if you wear a white collar or a tank top; if you rob me - I'm gonna whup your @ss".

The statements arrived yesterday and me and my highlighter pen figure they owe me £1470 - can anyone tell me who it should be sent to? I couldn't find any info on a step by step thread here and I'd hate to give them good reason to delay the request. Thanks.

It doesn't help that I don't have much of a head for numbers but I have to work out the interest on my claim. It's about that time to hit moneyclaim.com.

I am using the simple charges calc spreadsheet put down by imported last Jan and it is asking for "days since offence" to work out the interest. I have around £1600 of £20-30 charges dating back six years - is there a simple way to work this out as the spreadsheet doesn't seem to do it for me?

Any help you can give me with this would be most appreciated.

Damian.

Hiya Damian,

I have just done the very same thing. I actually used (VAMPIRESS'S CHAMBER) Vampiress's Spreadsheets which seemed better to me :-)

Claiming £590 in unauthorized OD fees, and £100 in interest from Barclays.

Remember "He who pays the piper calls the tune" well I've paid Barclays far too much so bloody well dance!

Hi,

Days since offence should calculate automatically once you have entered date. Just make sure you have entered date in the correct format ie 12/04/2005

Trucker

Hi,

Days since offence should calculate automatically once you have entered date. Just make sure you have entered date in the correct format ie 12/04/2005

Trucker

Hi Trucker,

Where do you enter the date on the simple cal form? All I see is "Period: (date from) to (date to)" and when I put the dates in, nothing happens.

Hiya Damian,

I have just done the very same thing. I actually used (VAMPIRESS'S CHAMBER) Vampiress's Spreadsheets which seemed better to me :-)

Hey there!! Vampiress has a very cool name so I would have gone for her had I of seen it first :). Sadly, I have no google account so I can't access it. I have a work friend who is trying to figure something out through excel for me; is the interest 8% per month/year since offence or simple 8% of the charge?

I really just want to file this now so I'm tempted to forget interest :Cry:

Just in case you havn't got correct version(s). links below. Top one excel, bottom one works spreadsheet.

http://www.cag-files.co.uk/barracad/Spreadsheets/England/Simple-charges-calc.xls

http://www.cag-files.co.uk/barracad/Spreadsheets/England/Simple-charges-calc.xlr

• Haha 1

Please help :eek:

I went onto the moneyclaimonline site and filed a claim for around £2K against Barclays for bogus charges. Got the forms through today and somehow...I've managed to make a claim against myself!!

This filled me with panic as it hasn't been easy going to start with but this action cost me £120. £120 I can barely afford and I don't know what to do now. I've sent a very humble email to them saying who the defendent was meant to be but I'm so worried that they're going to charge me another £120 to put it right.

What is this fee meant to pay for? I don't know how these people work and if sending the forms out is all they do. Does this pay for arranging court dates etc or is it likely that I'll have to pay again.

This is going to plague me until I hear back from them so I was hoping you could give me an idea of what to expect. I don't think I can cover another charge and I don't want to leave it any longer. I'd be thankful for any words of advice.

Damian.

Guest Mumofthreeboys

Believe it or not, you are not the first person to do this.

Give MCOL a ring and explain the situation and I'm sure all will be fine. At worst all you will have to do is file an amendment, but I don't think you will have to do this.

i dont know if this will help but if you want to amend your claim, which is what you want to do!!!!!!, you need to pay £35.

saying that i am in no way an expert but i'm sure someone will be along to give you a certain anwser.

good luck

MCOL are a very helpful bunch, they will see the obvious 'typo' LOL.

More than likely they will amend there and then over the phone. just make sure you have the details of B's in front of you went you phone.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Thanks so much guys, I should be able to sleep tonight :). Can't believe I could do something so stupid but hopefully they'll see the funny side. If the worst is a £35 fine then I can live with that. Again, thanks.

I don't know how these people work and if sending the forms out is all they do.

MCOL is simply small claims based at Northampton court.

They will process your application from there and later transfer it to your local court.

Theyre not a dodgy firm, they are legit.

If you phone em, I doubt they will even charge you any fee for the amendment.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

hello peoples!!

i just went to file judgement on barclays for a claim served on 22/04/07; it's my understanding they had 28 days (they acknowledged) from this day to file a defence. they haven't done so but i just tried to put in for judgement and moneyclaimonline said that i couldn't because it wasn't time. math isn't my strong point but i make this the 29th day - do i have fool's math or am i missing something? does this time include weekends (did the bank holiday give them another day)?

thanks.

hi,

it is 28 days from the date of issue.

Before entering judgement please could you read this thread as it could save you an extra 28 delay with your claim.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=13

hope it helps.

claire

:pI'VE CLAIMED MY BARCLAYS CHARGES BACK.:p

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

hi all. i'm at the end of my tether with all this consumer rights stuff - over 5 months on and it feels very little has been done. barclays filed a defence against my claim and the court has sent me a 'general form of order' stating that i should send in an amended claim form detailing all contended charges. i never filed a claim form in the first place, i went through moneyclaimonline but whatever they did hasn't stuck.

what do these people do? i'm sure i've asked this before but i didn't get a detailed answer, just reassurance that they're good peoples. my local court hasn't received any kind of claim form from them and now they're asking me to do the job that i thought i paid m.c.o to do. what did i pay them £120 for? to send some email version of a claim form that my court considers invalid?

getting so frustrated with the whole business. it's been so long and now i just wished i took the settlement when i had the option. looks like this is likely to go to court but what the point of even arranging a court date if these charges are blatently unlawful? seems a waste of time to me. what's further is that my financial situation hasn't been good the last couple of months, barclays has been dragging this on for almost half a year now and at the end of the month they charged me another £30 for going £6ish over my limit. it's like a spit in the face and i'll be damned if i'm going through all this again for £30. barclays are making a mockery of this whole system and to be honest, i don't blame them. it is a joke.

Hi, I have merged your threads for you. Please stick to this one as it will make following your claim easier.

Please explain what your question is and what help you would like.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Once Barclays defend then it can no longer be persued through mcol ... it gets transfered to your local court (standard procedure) because you filed through mcol you have limited room to put details of every charge you are claiming for

send in an amended claim form detailing all contended charges
this is just the schedule of charges (the spread sheet ) The charges arnt 'illegal' they are unlawful there is a difference (can i suggest that you edit your post accordingly pls)

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

i don't know how to edit a post i already made and i don't know what you would like me to edit. without getting into a semantic disscussion i acknowledge this kind of misappropriation isn't legally prohibited. which is a shame i think. apologies if i'm showing my ignorance here.

i would like to know what i paid moneyclaimonline £120 for.

today i received a claim form from the court - am i going to need to fill this out?

is it sufficient to send in a copy of my spreadsheet to the court? that is not what the order is asking me to do.

linking into the first question; if i have to fill in this claim myself have i not done what i paid mco to do?

sorry if i didn't stick to simply questions or requests for help. all this is bringing me down and i just wanted to vent. no offense meant.

many thanks for any answers you can give me ;)

What directions exactly has the court sent you ?

The exact wording please ..

You paid moneyclaimonline (mcol) exactly what you would of paid if you had taken the claim form to your local court

The bit of your previous post i would like you to edit is the reference to 'illegal' this can be seen as liabelous to the banks :)

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

figured it out and have edited as you asked :)

the gen form of order states;

"it is order that: 1) claimant to file and serve amended claim form setting out in detail the nature of the bank charges complained of by 4:00pm 16 july 2007."

the second is giving barclays even more time to amend a defence and that it will be referred to the district judge on 31/07.

it confused me as i didn't send a form for me to amend. thanks.

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar