Court Bundle sent to Abbey

rachel01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a court date for March, and have sent a copy of the court bundle which i got from the library to Abbey National already hoping they will stop the court procedings... is this likely? i'm only claiming £289...

When should i send the court a copy of the bundle, now or nearer the time?

Does Abbey go to court, or pull out at the last minute - does anyone have an experience off this?

all information would be helpful..

Hi, dont forget that you can claim expenses for putting together the court bundle, £9.25 (I think) per hour plus the cost of copying , printing etc, now dont be greedy on this, but do put down your legitimate expenses

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

I just sent copies of my statements, copies off all letters sent to and from abbey, plus the library bundle - Index i used is on my thread if you want to look (Hopefully i done that right!)

Thought i'd try sending the bundle to Abbey first and see what happens, but nothing as yet. Will send to the court in a few weeks i think.

Thats handy to know about the extra costs - when and where do i put that informaton?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi rachel thought id post on your thread rather than Ostrichs' thread. I have sent Inga a email on fri but she was out of office untill Mon so I will let you know if I get any joy! just doing my bundle now court date 21st March!

Buffy:wink:

I too have a court date for 13th March. Looks set to be a busy month for abbey!

The judge instructed both parties to exchange bundles on 27 Feb so I am going with that. You should have recieved a letter from the judge stating when to send your bundles?

I'm interested to know more about claiming expenses on top. Lula where do we add these costs?

I too have prepared my Court Bundle for hearing on 3rd March - was going to send it off tomorrow - am interest to put in charges for copying and preparing bundle etc as well - can anyone shed any light on this? I assume you put your charges on the up to up to date schedule of charges you are claiming - at the bottom I suppose. Would be helpful if someone ca clarfify this for me - can we claim postage as well?

Kendraflo:confused:

Halifax - S.A.R 8/9/06 - Overdraft facility removed 21/9/06 - threat to close account - Default Notice lodged 06.10.06

Mint - S.A.R - 8/9/06 - Statements received 03.10.06 - Prelim letter sent for £268.13 03.10.06

First Direct - S.A.R 8/9/06 - Statements received 21/9/06 - Prelim letter sent 21/9/06 for £410.00 - settled in full

First Direct - S.A.R 21/9/06 - for husband's old account

Barclaycard - S.A.R 8/9/06 - Statements received 16/9/06 - Prelim letter 18/9/06 for £496.25 - Part offer received 22/9/06 for £228.00 - Rejection letter sent 25/9/06 - MCOL issued 8.10.06

MBNA - S.A.R 8/9/06 - Partial offer received 6/10/06 - full offer & interest received on 6.10.06

ACE CARDS & GIFTS - S.A.R - 19/9/06 - statements received -27th September - vouchers received in settlement - 4th October 2006 - £235.00

Yes you can claim for prep time (£9.25ph i belive) and any other costs ie postage and printing I am not sure if you add them to the scedual of charges I haven't but I'm not a expert someone else should be able to answer that one for you.:p

Buffy:wink:

I found that as soon as the court recieved my bundle, the judge ordered abbey to disclose costs (see my thread)

So i would think the sooner the better, and don't leave it till the last minute or you may panic and miss something.

Good Luck

No dont add it to your bundle or your schedule of charges.

Keep a note of them and negotiate with abbey for them when they call you to discuss settlement.

Costs will only tend to be awarded in SCC if the 'other party behaves unreasonably' errrrr.....which they do in our eyes lol.

Karnevil, please watch my thread ,'nervous v northern bank'. I will be filing online on Wed.31st January and i am definitely going to need some advice as to filling in all forms? I was offered a 'full and final settlement' of £1000.00 but only if i call in and discuss it. I am only accepting part payment but as i said , please watch my thread, my time for real action is closing in...Thanks!

nervous:confused:

Hi Nervous, sorry to hijeck thread, I would be incredibly wary of entering into any discussion with them on their premises - there will be no record of any arrangements made and I bet they will be quite intimidatory.

I would be writing to them accepting their 1000 as part payment and say that you will only discuss this to any other matter pertaining to your account in writing

hope this helps

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Hi Nervous, sorry to hijeck thread, I would be incredibly wary of entering into any discussion with them on their premises - there will be no record of any arrangements made and I bet they will be quite intimidatory.

I would be writing to them accepting their 1000 as part payment and say that you will only discuss this to any other matter pertaining to your account in writing

hope this helps

Hi Lula and thanks. i will not be going into them, i will write a letter accepting part payment or nothing (copied from template) and anyway, i only received it this morning and it is on Tuesday that they had to fulfil the whole settlement before court proceedings so its highly unlikely that they will now.

nervous.

i added my prep time to my witness statement - have i made a big mistake, or will it get ignored?????!

Called Abbey and they confirmed they received my bundle and that was all. Should i call back and ask about settling out of cost - £229 plus interest i'm trying to reclaim. Jamie Hamilton left a message - anyone heard of him????

• 1 month later...

Just to let you know i received a letter from Abbey on Saturday to say they are settling out of court. I got my charges + interest + court charges back.

Well chuffed, and very grateful to this site for there help.

They did not include preparation time for my court bundle - would you suggest i wrote to abbey asking for this? or just leave it now they've settled everything else???????

Thanks once again - good luck to everyone else - stick with it.