You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

mrbobo

i'm up £85 hehe

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4902 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

:confused: i had to rent a tv last month as mine broke.i agreed a deal which was a £100 deposit and £50 rental for month.the company were supposed to take out £150 upon delivery,with the deposit refundable after a month.however they only took £15 from my account.obviously they missed a zero off.they picked up tv last week,gave me back my £100 and didnt say a word.so in fact instead of paying them £50,they gave me £85.but now im wondering if they realise say next month can they come and take money out my account or would they have to contact me first,and as the agreement is finished would i have to pay.

I don't think they'd be able to just take the money from your account without notice, but yes you would be liable to pay them the money you owe.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Whilst it seems from what you say that it's undeniable you do owe the money, I suggest that it depends mainly on what you signed to enable them to take the money in the first place and how it was worded.

Jimbo 44 - always happy to help, but always willing to learn from being corrected too!!! Whilst any advice given may be based upon personal experience, please always be sure you seek guidance from a professional in the particular field.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark, but a large group of professionals built the Titanic.

A 'click' on the scales is always appreciated if I have helped. Many Thanks!

Isn't this theft? Once you realise you owe them money and they have given you more than you ever gave them, if you don't inform them then you are intent on permanantly depriving them of their money.