Barclaycard - SAR and the harassing Phone calls at work

Don-e
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just a quick post concerning phone calls I appear to be geting from phone calls at work relating to my payments to Barclaycard.

Basically, recently decided to send off an SAR, stating to them that the account is in dispute and that I inteded to claim charges back etc et. At present I'm making regular monthly payments but I'm struggling ot make the minimum sum (although its only 5 of 10 poinds shy per month).

Since about 2 months ago I've been getting recovery calls from them at work (i'm guessing they called my old home address and my mother bless her gave them my work number).

Anyway, the last call I got from then that I chose to answer the call, only to hear a girl on the other end stating that my accoutn manager wanted to speak with me. I replied to her that I wasnt prepared to comment on the account as it was in dispute and that all correspeondence would have to be put in writing.

I then went on to ask her to remove that number from the account and ask her not to call me at work again as it was harrasment. She said that it was the law, I had to give them a telephone number so they could contact me - I asked her to state/quote which law that was, she said, it was law so they could contact me...i told her I had an address , then she gave me some line about how I signed a contract and that it was tough, and that if I held on, the account manager would remove it for me. The call was transferred and I hung up....basically because she DID NOT ask me any security questions.

So, my question to you guys is:

Can I have them stop calling me at work (I work for an investment bank and its shameful)?

Is it in Law?

Should I complain to them for not asking any security questions?

I know i'm a little bit in the wrong because I havent been paying the amount they ask for... still, they havent bothered to write to me avout the account, i just get regular bills. Should I have to put up with it?

Advice and guidance apprecaited.

Cheers

Don-e

Mods, if this is the wrong place to post this topic, please feel free to move.

I know there is guidance on harrassment somewhere on the site.

There's even be a template letter.

Have you had a good dig about ?

Not got the link off hand..............

25/10/06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Posted vs Nationwide

31/10/06 - Confirmation S.A.R was Received.