BankFodder BankFodder

k1tty20

Kitty's gets calws out for BOS!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4806 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I don't know really where to start. I've been fighting with HBOS for a great number of years, and if only I'd had the sence to pay them their stupit OD I wouldn't have anything more to do with them!! Anyway hopefullly they will pay it for me by refunding all my charges. :p

In 2006 alone I had my student account taken off me and a load of abuse off branch staff who I quote " the way I see it you've won a prize" because I'd held my student account according to her while I was still at school? Finially after taking it to head office and the branch manager I got my account reinstated and a reversal of charges.

All was fine till October until a forgotten subscription came off my account and I clicked on the wrong card on my paypal account. This in total came to £20. It has cost me £85 (just paid by visa :sad: ) by the time they added their charges, oh and a default notice as well!!

Having spoken to them I have agreed that the default notice will not apply providing that am able to pay the OD by 24/01/07. Now this all hindges on me receiving a settlement from my solicitors. I've explained this to the rep Sam (female) and advised to phone them if it doesn't happen by the 24th. So to date am just avoiding a default and have a temp OD of the outstanding OD for the next three weeks!

My plan of action is wait till this is all settled then get my charges back! I can't wait to send the letter, hopefully it will be sooner rather than later!! All advise and encouragement welcome, am really looking forward to serving them their dinner (so to speak!!). :D

Just to clarify everything, I've wrote of to HBoS collections to confirm temp overdraft (and possible re-arrangement if unable to pay overdraft in full by the 24th) and that the default notice will not apply following my payment to them already.

I had recorded the conversation on my mobile but this will not stand up as I did not advise the rep on the phone. (Thanks to breadline I would have been none the wiser!). So just incase anybody else didn't know, there you are.

Hopefully get this resolved soon and onto the charges, best of luck to everyone else claiming back their bank charges in the mean time!

Ok just a quick up date. Still no word confirming previous arrangement with bank, despite them recieving the letter nearly two weeks ago!!

Instead I got a strange letter today reminding me to pay them. According to the letter my balance and arranged payment have a difference of £44 in their favour! Oh and they charge me an extra £10 if am unable to pay by the end of the month. They really are a showers of................

Anyway decided I might just pay them £5 a month till am in a position to pay them the lot.

Finally got a reply to my letter only a mere 3 weeks later. Collections confirmed my payment and no default applied. They went on to Say I'd advised them that I would clear the balance and close the account by the end of the month. But I didn't need to close the account if I didn't want to. (Oh thank you ssooooo sooooo much :rolleyes: )

What I actually said was I will be able to clear the balance when I recieved a litigation payout (which I hoped would be in the near future) and then I intented not to bank with them afterwards. If payment was delayed I would get intouch.

Anyway I sent customer relations this nice wee letter (recorded delivery of course!!), to which am still waiting for a reply to. They recieved it on the 21.01.07.

Basically I asked tham why there was a discrepency with the ammonts that collections sent me and reiterated my position in regards to the OD. As a gesture of goodwill (to shut them up) I included a cheque for £10 addressed to HBoS instructing them I'd pay one every month till my payout was recieved. I also asked them to refund my charges of £93.96 or pay it to my debt as it was very excessive for a £20 unauthorized OD. Finishing up I asked them to terminate any charges till the matter was resolved. (Wishful think I know, but if you don't ask...).

I had spoke to one or two of you in the chat room and was advised I should have made the cheque out to myself not HBoS, understandably, it my debt. Checking the collection letter I quote: Payment by Post: Please make your cheque or postal orders payable to us. Please write your account number on the back and send to; Collections Address. I wrote account, sort and roll numbers on the back of the cheque. So if they try to say I made it out wrong I will refer them to their own paper work. The cheque is not from my account so I haven't been able to check if it has been cashed, but I do know it's not been paid into my account.

Which brings me up to my current point. Finally got the insurance payout:D , but it was bitter sweet as I knew it has to go to those middens. Paid in on 31.01.07, just in time to avoid that £10 charge they threatened me with. So assuming that they had paid my two cheques my account should have had a fully paid OD, and I would be ready to claim my charges!

Not a chance, HBoS must think am a cash cow........

Recieved my statement the other day no payment of £10 cheque, said £10 charge is now £28 charge as notified :mad: and to add insult to injury they added £4.50 worth of intrest charges!!! So a roughly now £50 into an OD which I thought had been paid off only the date before. Statement dated 01.02.07. What annoyed me the most was the cheque was in early enough for them to see it and they still applied the charges on the same day.

So now am at my dilemma, I won't go into my branch cause I hate them, took a load of abuse of one of their staff. When I complained they nicely told me I was a lier. So do I call telephone banking ask them whats going on, wait out for a reply to my complaint or write them any angry letter.

Apoligies, I know this had very little to do with charges but I wanted to get it all sorted first, then chase after them for my stolen cash. Any advise would be very gratefully recieved!! x x x

They will probably argue that as the cheque is not CLEARED funds, they are well within their rights to charge you (and I'm not entirely sure if you have any argument here). Your next step I guess depends on how good you are on the phone. If you are, then ring them - no point waiting the time it takes for letters to be send back and forth. If you're not, send them a letter complaining that you did as required yet you still got charged.

Question where your £10 cheque as gone (did you send it recorded? have you got a record?). Basically say you expect them to clear the £28 charge. Probably best to send them a cheque for £4.50 (plus whatever is left over from your £10 cheque and the £28 ) to save arguments. Tell them you want confirmation (ie printed statement) that you balance is at £0. Tell them you believe you have been helpful during every step of your progress, have kept them informed at all times and therefore expect a bit of respect from them.

Get the impression you want to close the account before claiming your charges? If this is the case, then if they refuse I guess you will have to bite the bullet and pay off the balance. Don't give them the chance to muck you round by sending them a cheque, go into a branch (doesn't have to be your normal one) and ask them how much you need to pay in today (ie in cash) to close your account and take with you a letter confirming you want to cancel your account.

Hope that helps...

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Hi there

If you want to record the conversation simply advise them that it is being recorded before you start your conversation.

Advise them of the situation; ask them to clear your bank account of charges as you kept to your side of the bargain but they didn't keep to theirs. If they say that it wasnt cleared funds - tell them that they didnt stipulate that it had to be cleared funds - only that a cheque would be deposited. Then advise them that you will be taking the matter further and will be reclaiming all the charges. Let them know that you know what you are talking about.

I've had this rubbish from HBOS as well. Tomorrow is my D-day so it will be nice to get the cash from them for a change.

Be firm; dont be frightened of bank staff. If somebody calls you are liar - get the manager. Dont be spoken to like that. Stand up for yourself. I would actually relish the opportunity of going into my branch now. In fact, my branch have really nice staff who have been there for years - before the takeover (ooops sorry! merger!!!!) with Halifax. They hate the situation too but need their job to pay their bills.

Kind regards

Gemspan