Not sure what charges..advice needed!

saddleburner
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,I joined the Action Group last night,please excuse me as I am a newbie to message boards/chatrooms so not quite sure of my way around yet.I am a self employed maternity nurse although I do not have a business account with LloydsTSB just a Gold Service account(customer for 30 odd years).As I am self employed for the last 11 yrs,I do have all my statements to hand but my query is what charges exactly can I claim back,I've looked at the statements from 5 to 6 years ago and there are different charges,I'm unclear about which charges I should be totalling,would someone kindly give me some idea what I should be looking for and under what title it would appear on my statements...this is all very daunting I must say.Thanks to anyone who replies...much appreciated.

Hi and welcome :)

We too have Lloyds accounts from 30+ years ago and these are the names of the charges as they appear from 6yrs ago - they do change after about 2002 I noticed:

OD Usage Fee (This changed into.......)

OD Excess Fee

Unpaid DD Charge

Unpaid SO charge

Unpaid Loan Charge

If you use online banking you can look easily for the last 4 years (I think) as it breaks it down nice and easy into the charges that they have given you, in a 3mth period. There is also the potential of overdraft interest charges if that was made up of charges. Personally I haven't bothered with that but there are spreadsheets in the Library section if you wanted to go dowm that route that will help you work it out.

Good luck :) :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Hi,Dolly,Thanks for your reply,I've looked at my statements and I've got quite a lot of " O/Draft Interest" listed...is that what I need to total and my other query is I've got all of the year 2000 statements as we have now moved in to 2007 will the year 2000 still be valid to claim for.Thanks again for your help.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi SadleBurner,

I also have a Gold account wiht Lloyds and was wondering if we are able to claim back the £8 per month charge we get for when we go under £2000 in credit, YES thats correct for those non Lloyds gold acount holders, you get charged if you have less that than £2000 in CREDIT in the account!

I have only a few charges for being overdrawn, but I have loads of £8 charges as I regularly go below the £2000 CREDIT threshold.

Can anyone say if anyone has successfully claimed back these charges? The bank does offer some things in return, i.e. free AA membership, free travel insurance etc which I do use, but is the £8 per month a fair charge?

Someones help please would be greatly appreciated as I have spent the last hour searching this forum and can't find it anywhere.

Cockadoodle - you must be special, I have not seen these charges before.

My view is that these charges are not a penalty because they provide you something in return, therefore you cannot claim them.

Although I would appreciate some one else's confirmation on this point.

You should start you own thread so that we can help along the way.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.