BankFodder BankFodder

thankcrunchie

Me v Abbey

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4642 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

Brand new to the forum and gearing up to take on Abbey for years of putting up with harsh charges. The final straw came when I was charged £90 in total for going a total of £7 into the red - i've had enough! :evil:

Is there anyone out there who has made a successful claim against Abbey in Scotland? I know the law is slightly different up here and we can only claim back for five years, rather than six.

Does anyone know if the Scottish legal system makes it easier/harder to beat the banks?

Am about to send a DPA letter requesting details of my past [unfair] charges!

All help gratefully received!!

Hi and Welcome thankcrunchie, you need to go and take a look in the Scotland forum, just click the link that i have posted, good luck

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/scotland/

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Hi thankcrunchie and goodluck, the scottish legal system is just the same in the success stakes in claiming back charges, i know in Scotland we can claim back 5 years but i had offer from halifax for 6 years so dont ask for statements for last 5 years ask for ALL banking history and then ask for 6 years, dont ask dont get.

S'me again!

Thanks for all the kind words of encouragement!

I've drafted my first DPA request to Abbey (bring it on!) and was just wondering if anyone out there knows the best address to send it to?

I found the address for Abbey's data protection team in Milton Keynes on here - Should it go there? Or just to the general customer service address?

Help?! :|

TCxx

I would have though the data protection team would be best but I'm only new to this myself. It would seem the most direct route as the request would probably just end up there anyway. I sent mine to my own branch and had a reply a couple weeks later, from now though I think I will deal with the relevant dept. Apparently you should always post special delivery too, its more expensive but is the only way to prove delivery of the letter/item.

Edd

Edd V Abbey

13/12/06 SAR sent

29/12/06 First 14 months statements received.

12/01/07 Microfiche received, charges of £1605 plus contractual interest at 28.7% gives total £2562.90.

15/01/07 LBA requesting £2562.90 sent.

Edd V Egg CC

19/01/07 SAR sent

Edd V Lloyds TSB CC

19/01/07 SAR sent

Thanks!! I'm all set to post it to the data protection robots first thing in the morning!

Hey all,

Progress update. Added up charges as far back as Jan 2002 and the (SH)Abbey owe me a grand total of £635, plus £96.69 in interest. So am claiming £731.69 in total.

Fired off the preliminary letter 2 weeks ago and haven't even had so much as an acknowledgement. Is it normal for Abbey just to ignore their customers?

Anyhoo, have now prepared the LBA so getting set to post that off too, special delivery so they can't claim they never got it.

Am going to send two copies, one to Business Manager Pam Speed and another to Banking Manager Anthony Turbitt. Has anyone had any dealings with either of this pair?

TCxx :)

Quick question: If this goes to court, as I'm assuming it will, i'll be taking action against Abbey through the Scottish court system.

Has anyone had success against Abbey through the Scottish courts?

I tried to look in the Scotland section of the forum;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/scotland/

But it's "Page Not Found" - Where'd it go???

TCxx

My deadline for Abbey to respond to my prelim letter runs out on Monday...... LBA all ready in envelope to be posted.

Tick, tock.. tick, tock.. tick, tock..

:-D

Hiya remember at the prelim or the LBA stage you dont add on the interest, this gets added when you file at court, though maybe you have asked for it in your prelim if you havent ignore me:D

Latest update.... (sh)Abbey have written to me offering me a total of £220 as a "goodwill gesture", along with a reminder of their terms and conditions and a badly written justification of their charging scheme.

I particularly liked the line "You have requested a breakdown of how our charges are apportioned. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide you with the specific information you have requested."

It's nowhere near the £700+ I'm owed... any ideas what I should do now?

yes, write to them accepting as part settlement only, when you are certain that it has hit your account, take it off the bottom of your schedule of charges and send an LBA and proceed to court, I would advise the N1 route as some courts do not like the stylised Particulars of Claim

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed