Rasta vs HSBC

rasta
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Ok, I downloaded all of my past 6 years statements for 2 accounts. One Joint and one personal.

The Joint has a total of £950 charges

The Personal has a total of £740 charges

I dedided to deal with the 2 seperatley and so I have sent a preliminary letter for both accounts with a spreadsheet of the charges (without interest). Should I have just made one claim for the 2 acounts?

I have stated that they have 14 days to re-credit me with these charges.

Do I need to do anything else in the mean-time?

I know I have to proceed with a LBA after the 14 days, should I wait for a response before i send this? Or wait to receive a response even if it takes longer than 14 days to receive one?

Has anyone else managed to get an offer after the preliminary letter from HSBC? Or should I prepare myslef to have to take it further (i hope not).

Nice to meet you all.

Rasta

Hi All

Ok, I downloaded all of my past 6 years statements for 2 accounts. One Joint and one personal.

The Joint has a total of £950 charges

The Personal has a total of £740 charges

I dedided to deal with the 2 seperatley and so I have sent a preliminary letter for both accounts with a spreadsheet of the charges (without interest). Should I have just made one claim for the 2 acounts?

I have stated that they have 14 days to re-credit me with these charges.

Do I need to do anything else in the mean-time?

I know I have to proceed with a LBA after the 14 days, should I wait for a response before i send this? Or wait to receive a response even if it takes longer than 14 days to receive one?

Has anyone else managed to get an offer after the preliminary letter from HSBC? Or should I prepare myslef to have to take it further (i hope not).

Nice to meet you all.

Rasta

hi

1. you are right to deal with them seperately. when you have to claim in court you can add the chages together. hsbc has never given an offer at the prelims for that matter i don't think any bank has.

2. wait 14 calender days for respose if not go on to next stage.

3. questio and answers this will help u even more

4 be prepared to take thebank to court, it is your money.

Hey Rasta,

My prelim was sent on the 2nd so looks like we're roughly in the same place!

Think I'm just going to follow the normal path, prelim, 2 weeks later LBA, then mcol etc and await correspondence!

Will be watching your thread :)

Good luck, Christy

Hey Christy

Also with HSBC I presume? Keep me posted of your status, i dont mind you hijacking my thread as it seems we are at the same stage. :)

How much are you claiming back?

Day 7 in Rasta vs HSBC

Just an update, to keep the thread up-to-date:

Sent my 2 Prelim letters off 7 days ago via recorded delivery.

Have got POD for both the letters.

No news from HSBC yet. I didn't expect any at this stage.

I have got my LBA letters prepared ready to send off on the 17th.

Day 13 in Rasta vs HSBC

OK, it's LBA time.

I have a question.....in the beginning of my claim, I sent 2 letters to HSBC for 2 different bank accounts. Should I send them 1 LBA referencing the 2 accounts, or should I send them 2 LBA's, one for each account.

I would prefer to reference both accounts in the same letter.

Thanks

Rasta

LBA Letter completed.

I decided to merge the 2 claims into one with this letter. I used the standard template from the Library, and attached the 2 sets of bank charges.

This time I sent the letter to the famous Colin in Leeds as this is where my first response had come from.

It will be sent via recorded delivery tomorrow.

Has anyone started to receive offers from HSBC before the court procedure (MCOL) or should I expect nothing?

Day 15 in Rasta vs HSBC

I have received an offer today from HSBC which is £200 short of my entire claim. I think I am going to accept this offer as I really the need the money at the moment and I can't really afford to go through the MCOL stage.

Advise please....

• 2 weeks later...

Day 27 in Rasta vs HSBC.

Money is in my Account Today as promised by HSBC. :D

This is the easiest thing I have ever done....no arguments with HSBC...just 2 letters and £1450 out of £1600 back in just 27 days from my original letter.

Thanks to this Forum for all the information.

The next Episode will be Rasta vs Egg