BankFodder BankFodder

Siggles

Siggles v Natwest ***SETTLED IN FULL***

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4834 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I have started a claim for around £1200 from Nat West. I have already added up my charges, sent the prelimanary letter, received a reply from Stuart and then sent on my LBA by Special Delivery (thanks to the post girls at work) which apparently arrived at the head office on the 19th December. It was 14 days yesterday since the letter arrived but I have decided to give them until Monday / Tuesday because of all the bank holidays that occured between then and now. Is this wise?

I have also seen a user be successful by righting a chase up letter after the LBA explaining that it will be better to settle before going to court. Anyone else had any luck with this?

Thanks for the help and great website!! :D

Regards

Siggles

Hi,

I have started a claim for around £1200 from Nat West. I have already added up my charges, sent the prelimanary letter, received a reply from Stuart and then sent on my LBA by Special Delivery (thanks to the post girls at work) which apparently arrived at the head office on the 19th December. It was 14 days yesterday since the letter arrived but I have decided to give them until Monday / Tuesday because of all the bank holidays that occured between then and now. Is this wise?

I have also seen a user be successful by righting a chase up letter after the LBA explaining that it will be better to settle before going to court. Anyone else had any luck with this?

Thanks for the help and great website!! :D

Regards

Siggles

Hi

Personally I would stick to the timescale's set - Regardless...

I wouldnt send a chase up letter either.

Go straight to file your claim.

HTH

Emma

Agree with emma, they didn't dilly dally when applying charges to your account so why give them any time? File your claim and get your money plus interest.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

As already stated, why try and push them into settling early, you've already given them plenty of opportunity to settle and they havn't. Nat West are a hard bunch to crack but you will get there in the end. Proceeding to the timescales means you'll be entitled to the 8% interest under section 69.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

NatWest's strategy indicates there is no incentive for them to settle early. There are a sufficient number of claimants who do not pursue the claim to the conclusion, therefore from a purely financial point of view the present tactics are effective. Maybe not ethical, or moral, but effective.

My advice has hardly any legal foundation whatsoever, however you never know it it might just work!

:cool:

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Acknowledgment of Service 06.11.2006

Offer of approx 50% £2200.00 22.11.2006

Full settlement £4500 received 03.01.2007

Smile settled in full

Barclaycard settled in full

RBS Worldwide settled in full

Lloyds TSB settled in full £750.00

Lloyds TSB settled in Full £275.00 11.04.2007

Lloyds TSB business account £1376.00 AQ filed

Lloyds TSB Business account settled in full 21.05.07

Good news for everyone!!!! :D I have had an offer of full and final settlement before even needing to go to court. £1,149.50!!

It was 14 days yesterday since Nat West received my LBA letter by Special delivery. I reworded the LBA letter slightly to say that I would like to resolve this issue before the need to go to court, that I would persue it all the way, etc so of course I would reccomend this course of action to others who have not got as far as the LBA.

Thankfully today I held back from going online to fill out the court claim because I had still not heard from natwest and had a inkling that I would hear from them with good or bad news, because of a delay in the post. The letter was dated 29th Dec. The letter says I have to write back and sign a statement to say I accept within a month. Of course they do not accept liability, etc.

Thanks for a great website and all the help. I will make a donation when I receive the money. Please put this in settled forum!!!

Guest NATTIE

Congratulations and Happy New Year!

Could a moderator move this to successess forum? :D

Congratulations Siggles, I will notify a mod for you!!

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Well Done

Reading this has given me hope with my claim.

Enjoy!!!

:-x Kennsignton Mortage Company

:-x GE Captial

:-x Welcome Car Finance