• Tweets

• I've an idea that what this is is clearing out stock of old tech panels as there have been signs of major breakthroughs in solar tech - inc what is effectively solar paint   reuters.com WWW.REUTERS.COM  
    • ROFL - says a minister of the government that lets its politicians promote their agendas unchallenged and well paid on the UK's version of Russia Today translated UK deputy PM launches global push to mask their election rigging "The UK is following Russia and China on a government minister and MP led process to get paid vast sums to put our message out to the plebs unchallenged, funded via right wing billionaires, AI from foreign states, and misuse of taxpayer money.   reuters.com WWW.REUTERS.COM  
    • Yes, but the process starts here... https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/data-protection-complaints/what-to-expect/ This involves making a complaint to GS first before approaching ICO. However, at the time of the complaint, I beleive we'd advise the complainant to ask for some compensation and take it from there. @FTMDave?? No, I meant this forum, The Consumer Action Group, where you're posting right now.😄 (We're in the slow process of rebranding as The National Consumer Service.)
    • And yes, they state their client is EON and that they can return the debt to EON who can either register a default or take me to court. 
    • Thank you. The npower debt was from 2019/2020 until EON took over the account late 2021.   npower had set a DCA on me even though I owed them nothing. I spoke to a customer service agent, following up by email, who confirmed I was in credit . I made a complaint to head office who sent a barrage of emails, changing the amounts each time. According to them, I owed £279.   The debt grew to what it is now as first npower and then EON subsequently failed to put a payment arrangement and direct debit in place to pay off this supposed sum and my ongoing bills.   I was very ill with Covid, struggling in lockdown with a disabled child and informed them of all this.   EON stopped their legal action when I took them to the ombudsman as this was part of my complaint and requested remedy but I have not received a notice of discontinuance.    I would like to set up my own dd to pay them off but am concerned they could still take legal action. I am on a low income and can’t afford to pay them more than a token amount each month.   
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Bizarre.Moogle Vs RBoS ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm not sure that you are able to claim the s69 8% statutory until you commence court action. And possibly a wee bit early to be putting in your LBA? Can you hang on before posting to see what others think? But my opinion would be to give them their full fortnight to see what transpires first.

Seahorse

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sent you a mail. My reason for including the 8% at this stage is what I have put down, also I recall (not sure were) but that claiming for the 8% before court action shows to them that you do know whats happening and what you will be entitled to if/when goes to court.

So far they have ignored the Preliminary letter that I sent, hence why I sent my LBA on the 14-02-07. The letter I got from Sandy todays, confirms looking into LBA. My letter back is just to state what I will do and what timescales they have left.

RBoS

Settled At LBA £798

Barclaycard

Defence Filed, Waiting For Court Date

HSBC

LBA Sent 15-05-07, Still No Reply

Barclays

LBA Received 14-05-07, 2nd Holding Letter Sent To Me Stating Should Have Answer By 09-07-07

I think I agree with SH here.....only because you haven't done this from the start. Had you put this on your prelim - and even though it is advised you shouldn't, there's no reason why you can't as long as it's worded properly, ie "i know i am entitled to this once we go to court, but intend to claim this from the start" - I think that you would have a more sensible argument.

I do agree moogs what you say about proving you know BUT changing your LBA halfway through might do the opposite. Personally, I wouldn't send them ANY letter but that's my opinion.

I'm not saying this to criticise, just trying to find out why........I don't know what you are trying to achieve by sending this? Are you trying to avoid court whilst still getting your 8%? Are you trying to ensure it goes to court anyway? What are your intentions (scuse if you have said higher up)?

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Thanks T4FF. Wasn't too sure. My point was to warn them of the expiry date for the LBA. I do think I might have made the mistake by adding it into my LBA and not my Prelim.

I won't send the leter, (deleted from the thread). All I can do is now wait till the 2nd March to see if they respond to any request.

RBoS

Settled At LBA £798

Barclaycard

HSBC

Barclays

LBA Received 14-05-07, 2nd Holding Letter Sent To Me Stating Should Have Answer By 09-07-07

BM

Sorry got here too late to help, but from the others comments it seems you were going to add statutory interest in your LBA and as others have said this isn't generally recommended.

This is the primary advantage of claiming contractual interest in that you make it part of your claim from the prelim.

Arguably once you submit your claim then they have to pay the 8% to settle.

HTH

Glenn

• Haha 1

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Agreed. It's difficult to negotiate a claim upwards, but by claiming for the max from the start, you leave room for negotiation downwards should you choose to do so. Not that I intend to, as all I can see is ££££ signs at the moment :D

Just had my reply to my prelim from Sandy this morning. Same as you; claim being investigated.

Clock's still ticking though, Sandy ;)

Seahorse

• 2 weeks later...

Received nothing yet and tomorrow is the deadline. Do you think if nothing is in the post tomorrow I should call Sandy? Or go to the court and collect the N1 form?

RBoS

Settled At LBA £798

Barclaycard

HSBC

Barclays

I have a feeling you'll have a little surprise in the post tomorrow ;)

If not, I'd drop Sandy an email as a courtesy to say you'll be filing. That will give him a chance to say, Hang on, your offer is in the post!

And if he doesn't, then off to court you go.:D

Hi Seahorse, Unfortunately nothing in todays post bar my mobile bill.

Not sure of Sandy's email, so Ive used the following [email protected] to see if this gets to her. This is what I have sent to her.

Hi Sandy,

I hope this gets to you. My name is Bizarre.Moogle and I received a letter from you on the 20th February 2007 dated 19th February 2007 advising me, "We are currently considering your claim and will respond to you as soon as possible".

Today is 2nd March 2007, and in my Letter Before Action I advised that if I received no response by this date, then I would be filing in my local court to recover the charges and costs for going to court.

As a courtesy I am sending this email to see if there has been any delay, or if I have to stick to my deadline that I have given to you and file a N1 form in my local court.

Hopefully there has been a delay, as any court action will increase the costs for both of us, so I hope to receive an email as soon as possible to advise me what your plan of action is.

Yours,

Bizarre.Moogle

RBoS

Settled At LBA £798

Barclaycard

HSBC

Barclays

I can say the email for Sandy works and got this as a reply.

Please note that as your account is closed, we have do not have access

to

any data for it.

As a result, our investigations into these types of account take

longer,

hence the delay to our responding to your complaint.

I should also say that the timescales for responses etc., that are

being

mentioned in the media, are just not realistic.

I can only ask you to be patient, we will respond to your claim, once

we

have completed our investigations.

Sandy

This is what I have sent back to her.

Hi Sandy,

Thank you for quick response. I do understand, that with

my account being closed that it could take a little longer. And also

with the amount of claims going through this can have an adverse effect

and cause delays.

Do you have any idecation when you will be

able to respond to my claim? Is there certain information that you are

looking for, i.e. account statements.

Thank you in advance.

Yours,

Bizarre.Moogle

RBoS

Settled At LBA £798

Barclaycard

HSBC

Barclays

IMO Biz, sod this. If she hasn't offered you a settlement right now, then they're nowhere near offering you one. If you sent a letter to them 4 weeks ago, how have they still not got hold of the information they require to sort out your claim?

If Sandy doesn't give a reasonable deadline, then I would tell them it's not satisfactory and you will be filing a claim. Ad your 8% and get on with the process.

As for her comment about deadlines not being realistic, that's not your problem - that's theirs.

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Just got this off her,

Hi

We have ordered historic account statements for here, these are

currently

taking about 2 weeks to arrive.

After that, we would expect process your claim quickly.

As to timescale, I would hope within 3 weeks, all being well.

I hope you will bear with us

Sandy

Sent this as a reply,

Hi Sandy,

If it will help you out at all, I received two copies of all my statements, would you like me to forward a set off to you?

Yours,

Bizarre.Moogle

RBoS

Settled At LBA £798

Barclaycard

HSBC

Barclays

3 weeks!?!?!?!?

You've got 2 sets and they've got none? Pretty poor imo.

I wonder how much of this is down to the pending decision by the OFT on bank charges?? Funnily enough, I'm currently going through the motions with one of my mates who was with Natwest and they are throwing in some CRAAAAAAZY delaying tactics. It makes me wonder whether they are stalling for something....

Thanks for the offer, but it might confuse the issue?

Once we have your statements, we have a process we follow.

Having 'extra' copies can make life more awkward!

Thanks for the offer.

Sandy

any ideas?

RBoS

Settled At LBA £798

Barclaycard

HSBC

Barclays

Just sent this off to Sandy. I'm off to work, and wont be able to access the forum from there so will only be able to update tomorrow.

Hi Sandy,

Due to declining my offer to send original statements, would you be so kind to email me when you receive the statements YOU have requested.

I feel if I was able to send them to you, this process could be speeded. Taking this into consideration, and that you have had my claim request from the 19th February 2007, so far you have had 12 days, is this taken into account the 2 weeks waiting for the statements therfore they should be with you anytime soon?

With this in mind, and due to the changes that will be coming into effect by the OFT in the coming months, I feel a fair timetable being a response by the 19th March 2007.

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

If this will help, I will accept the following offer till the 19th March, after then I will revert back to my original request. My offer till the will be to accept £851.33 (£798.00 in charges and £53.33 in debit interest) instead of the above amount and 8% interest that would be applicable if this goes to court.

I can understand that you may not be able to confirm this straight away.

Hope you have a nice weekend if I don't hear back from you today.

Yours,

Bizarre.Moogle

RBoS

Settled At LBA £798

Barclaycard

HSBC

Barclays

The words "see you in court" spring to mind....

(Just read your previous post) Well now they don't....

Hi T4FF, I decided to extend the deadline only on the reason that my account is closed with them and that I will be sending a copy of my statements onto them so they have no further excuses for any delay.

RBoS

Settled At LBA £798

Barclaycard

HSBC

Barclays

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from my week away and letter from them offering me £798 for the charges, not looking to do a refund on debit interest.

I've decided to take this offer, will mail out Monday using my own 1st class letter signed for.

Will let you know when i get the cheque and its cleared.

RBoS

Settled At LBA £798

Barclaycard

HSBC

Barclays

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a generous guy, today nothing in the post from RBoS, ie my cheque. Just sent a quick email to Jacqui Tuck seeing what is happening. As always will keep people updated.

RBoS

Settled At LBA £798

Barclaycard

HSBC

Barclays

Hi all. After a conversation to Jacqui with ref to the email I had sent, they apologised for the delay and advised cheque would be with me by today.

Well the post has been and I know have in my hand a cheque for £798.00!!!

Thanks for all the help from the site templates and support from other users. I won't confirm this as settled till the cheque has cleared. Will only be able to pay into my bank account tomorrow so come April 2nd should be cleared funds in my account :)

RBoS

Settled At LBA £798

Barclaycard

HSBC

Barclays