• Tweets

• Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant .... I said DCBL because I was reading a few threads about them discontinuing claims and getting spanked in court! Meant  YOU  Highview !!!  🖕
    • Though it would be Highview you would  pursue. DCBL are nonentities-on their best day,
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other! One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
    • Six months of conflict have also taken a heavy economic toll.View the full article
    • the Town and Country [advertisments ] Regulations 2007 are not easy to understand. Most Council planing officials don't so it's good that you found one who knows. Although he may not have been right if the rogues have not been "controlling" in the car park for that long. The time only starts when the ANPR signs go up, not how long the area has been used as a car park.   Sadly I have checked Highview out and they have been there since at least 2014 . I have looked at the BPA Code of Practice version 8 which covers 2023 and that states Re Consideration and Grace Periods 13.3 Where a parking location is one where a limited period of parking is permitted, or where drivers contract to park for a defined period and pay for that service in advance (Pay & Display), this would be considered as a parking event and a Grace Period of at least 10 minutes must be added to the end of a parking event before you issue a PCN. It then goes on to explain a bit more further down 13.5 You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is. 13.6 Neither a consideration period or a grace period are periods of free parking and there is no requirement for you to offer an additional allowance on top of a consideration or grace period. _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________So you have  now only overstayed 5 minutes maximum since BPA quote a minimum of 10 minutes. And it may be that the Riverside does have a longer period perhaps because of the size of the car park? So it becomes even more incumbent on you to remember where the extra 5 minutes could be.  Were you travelling as a family with children or a disabled person where getting them in and out of the car would take longer. Was there difficulty finding a space, or having to queue to get out of the car park . Or anything else that could account for another 5 minutes  without having to claim the difference between the ANPR times and the actual times.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Kevr6384 v Alliance & Leicester

kevr6384
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Just getting into things now after reading (and trying to understand) everything over the christmas break.

I am just issuing a prelim letter today to A&L for a small claim of £162.50

But hey its the principle aint it ! :idea:

Will keep this updated as things progress.

Thanks

Kev

Co-Operative Bank -Settled In Full 02/02/07 :)

A&L - Settled In Full :)

Barclays for Parents - Just Started :)

Natwest - Your Turn Soon :)

Thanks for your words of encouragement.

I have couple of quick questions which i think i may know the answer for but would like a little re-assurance.

1:

From all that i have read there is a very high chance that the A&L will close my account if i take this one all the way. I understand that by them closing my account I will be left with a mark on my credit score ?

If i was to close the account myself this week i assume they cannot leave me a bad mark on my credit score ?

Could anyone confirm if this is correct ?

Have a good credit score at present and would like to preserve it !

2: I have a joint mortgage which has just been taken out with A&L i assume that this cannot be affected by the action i am taking to reclaim the charges ?

Again could anyone confirm if my thinkingis correct ?

Cheers :)

Guest ian cognito

Them closing your account will have no effect on your credit file, it will just show account closed, it is only when they close it because you have defaulted that it effects your file. You will probably have time to close it between receiving your cheque and them closing it though, think it took them about 2 weeks to close mine.

It will not effect your mortgage, if they tried that one, they would be getting into very hot water!

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

14 day deadline is now up on the LBA. They sent me another letter yesterday saying they are going to charge me £34 as a direct debit i had cancelled (but not in time) has been returned. This has now put me over my overdraft limit so i will be getting another £25 or £50 charge next month.

What options do i have here ?

The £34 that has been charged since issue of LBA - do i include this on the MCOL?

What do i do about the charges that will be applied next month ?

Thanks

Kev

Any charges you get before court can be added to your court claim, however the next months charge can not be claimed as you have not paid this as yet, annoying as it is unfortunately, have heard of someone getting the charges back after they had filed at court and awaiting their hearing by saying they thought charges were not to be applied when the account was is in dispute which of course it is as it is in court stages, got to be worth a try, good luck.

Hi thanks for your reply.

Below are the details from my particulars of claim which i intend to file today. Could someone with a good eye have a quick scan through ? I think its all correct but have looked at it that long i may have missed something.

Section 3 i have stated "the Defendant is aware of the details as a list of charges has previousley been supplied" but i am adding on two further charges i have recieved since issuing my LBA does this need to be reworked ?

1. The Claimant had an account # --------- with the Defendant.

2. Since 11/08/06 the Defendant debited charges and interest in respect of purported breaches of contract.

3.The Defendant is aware of the details as a list of charges has previousley been supplied. A list of the charges applied is attached to these Particulars of Claim.

4. Claimant contends:

(a) The charges exceed the Defendant's losses caused by the breaches;

(b) The Term permitting the Defendant to levy such charges is unenforceable under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999, Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and at Common Law.

5. Claimant claims:

(a) Return of the amounts debited of £230.50;

(b) Interest per S.69 County Courts Act 1984 of 8% - £4.64 continuing at 8% until judgment or settlement at a daily rate of £0.05;

6. Alternatively, if the charges are a fee for a service, then they must be reasonable under S.15 of the Supply of Goods andServices Act 1982.

7. Costs allowed by the Court.

Ok looks ok

1/ 1. The Claimant had an account # --------- with the Defendant. since on or before --/--/----.

2/ Since 11/08/06 the Defendant debited charges and interest in respect of purported breaches of contract, the claimant contends that these charges were legally unenforceable.

i would also mention that the bank have refused full settlement and maybe elaborate a little on 4a.,

maybe The defendant has refused full payment of the monies due and has had plenty of time to avoid this action. (All correspondance has been kept)

The claimant contends that these charges are unenforceable at law, being penalty charges designed to penalise the claimant for a breach of contract and generate profit for the defendant rather than being liquidated damages designed to compensate the defendant for the actual loss occurring to the defendant as a result of the breach

Thanks have elaborated further as suggested.

I have had to ditch the MCOL and transfer to a pdf N1 as I have now exceeded the word limit in the POC.

One more point to add.

If i plan to file the claim on Monday when the court is open should i enter the Interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 figure as the sum as calculated on Monday ?

Thanks Again

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Update,

Received all detail etc that A&L intend to defend the claim in full as per the usual.

Yesterday i opened the mail to find a nice little cheque for £267.18 as full settlement, although as we all know they do not admit liability in the accompanying letter.

Thanks again CAG - donation will be made.

Let me know what you need and i will see if i can help:

• 3 weeks later...

Another update for this thread.

I have been on holiday from the 2nd March until yesterday and opened my post to see another letter from A&L

This one is regarding the closure of my account which they intend to do on or shortly after the 11th April.

I was expecting this and have been operating with my parachute account now since Christmas so this isnt a big problem although i have a small overdraft that will need to be paid off.

I fully intend to carry on with my complaint as i see this account closure as retaliatory action.

Is there a sample letter that i can edit to use for my complaint and if not could anyone who has been through the procedure to FOS stage pass on any advice.

Thanks

Kevin

No sample letter, kev, but I have seen advice on one of the threads that the complaint you make to A&L should just reflect your opinion of the situation, (keep it clean dude!).

Once you have exhausted A&L's complaints procedure, you can then complain to the big bods at the FOS. :cool: