Advised by SCM to ask for early settlement

louisemounsey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have just spoken to Miss Lewis at SCm as my court date is feb 13th. She was very helpful and explained that are still awaiting instruction from lloyds but i could write to them and ask for early settlement to avoid going to court.

I am planning to gather my documents this weekend, but i thought i would try the letter as she suggested first as it would obviously save a lot of paper.

I have drafted a letter...

Dear Sir/Madam,

Further to my telephone conversation this afternoon with Miss Lewis, I am writing to enquire if your client, Lloyds TSB Bank plc, would be willing to settle out of court?

My initial claim, submitted on the 29th July 2006 was for £217.09 plus court costs of £30 and a daily interest rate of 0.042%.

I would be prepared to accept a settlement of £231.98. This is the total of the initial claim, the court fee and the interest to date.

Yours Sincerely

Is this ok? or should i add anything else?:confused:

Hi guys,

that is the total amount including daily interest upto and including 03/01/2007. so there isn't anymore to claim.

I want to try and settle before feb 13th to avoid going to court and having to print off 3 sets of documents for submission (court, myself, scm).

the daily interest rate was calcluated in july according the intructions on this website for filling in the MCOL and claiming daily interest. it is the total cost of the claim x 0.0002.

anymore suggestions concerning the letter?

L:)

"My initial claim, submitted on the 29th July 2006 was for £217.09 plus court costs of £30 and a daily interest rate of 0.042%.

I would be prepared to accept a settlement of £231.98. This is the total of the initial claim, the court fee and the interest to date."

Sorry If I'm missing something, but this doesnt add up:

£217.09 + £30 = £247.09

And your telling them that the total is £231.98

Also I think you are working out the daily interest wrong, you should get a xx pence per day figure

whoops

well spotted PKea,

the total amount should be £261.98 which is the claim plus the interest plus the court costs. i worked out the interest following these instructions....

at a daily rate of £0.xx; - This daily rate of interest is calculated by multiplying the total value of the claim (charges plus overdraft interest, if claimed) by 0.00022

which is located here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

thanks for your speedy reply,

does the rest of the letter sound ok?

L xx

whoops

well spotted PKea,

the total amount should be £261.98 which is the claim plus the interest plus the court costs. i worked out the interest following these instructions....

at a daily rate of £0.xx; - This daily rate of interest is calculated by multiplying the total value of the claim (charges plus overdraft interest, if claimed) by 0.00022

which is located here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

thanks for your speedy reply,

does the rest of the letter sound ok?

L xx

Yes, Its not a daily interest rate though its daily rate (money)

ie Total Claim (£100) + Interest (£10) = £110

£110 x 0.0002 = £0.022

Your Daily rate would be £0.02p per day in this case

Probably as clear as mud now, does that help

Oh bum!

Thanks for that PKea i had read it wrong. I have revised my total to date and added a little bit to my letter.

Further to my telephone conversation this afternoon with Miss Lewis, I am writing to enquire if your client, Lloyds TSB Bank plc, would be willing to settle out of court?

My initial claim, submitted on the 29th July 2006 was for £217.09 plus court costs of £30 and a daily interest rate of 0.042p.

I would be prepared to accept a settlement of £253.77. This is the total of the initial claim plus the court fee and the interest to date.

Should I not hear from you I will go ahead and submit my documents to Newcastle County Court in preparation of the hearing on February 13th 2007 where I will be requesting inclusion of the daily interest up to and including that date.

what do you think?:confused: Louise:)

My deadline for documents was the 18th Dec, I sent them in time and a copy to SCM. I haven't had any back in return and SCM are still telling me they have no instructions, I have sent a letter to court asking for their evidence to be struck out for not complying with the court order and putting me at a disadvantage etc. I am due in court on the 23rd of Jan.

Don't send the letter.

My deadline for documents was the 18th Dec, I sent them in time and a copy to SCM. I haven't had any back in return and SCM are still telling me they have no instructions, I have sent a letter to court asking for their evidence to be struck out for not complying with the court order and putting me at a disadvantage etc. I am due in court on the 23rd of Jan.

Don't send the letter.

Having read through the threads i am not quite sure of one point.

In with the court bundle do you have to send copies of all the offending statements or just copies of the original spreadsheets that were submitted.

Thanks and a very happy and "PROSPEROUS" New Year to all.

Pam