BankFodder BankFodder

pamandal

pamandal V Barclays

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4800 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have now sent off my SAR to Barclays, :)

I will update as soon as I recieve a response

SAR Barclaycard 2.1.07

SAR capitalone 2.1.07

SAR Alliance and Leicester 2.1.07

Hi everyone....

I was hoping someone would be able to answer a couple of questions for me.. please.

My subject access request was recieved by barclays on 3rd January...(checked on royal mail website).

After reading around these threads other members who requested their statements at around the same time have recieved an acknowledgement letter, stating that statements were being sent within the next few weeks, some are even in reciept of their statements. Although I have heard nothing at all.

So I gave Barclays a ring this morning and they have nothing showing on their system for me. Do you think I should send a follow up letter?? I obviously want to get my statements as soon as I can so that I can proceed. Any advise???

Thanks Pam

Decided to write a follow up letter as below, I will post it tomorrow. Hopefully this will suffice. I just did not want to be waiting for weeks, when they are saying that they are not aware of my request.

Dear Sir/Madam

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Regarding Account:- xxxxxxx Sortcode:- xxxxxxxx

I am writing to you to follow up my subject access request letter which is dated 1st January 2007 and was signed for on 3rd January 2007 by a member of Barclays staff. As I had not received an acknowledgement letter regarding my request, I telephoned Barclays today and was told that my request was not showing as having been received on your system.

I am therefore enclosing a copy of my original letter and proof of delivery, for your attention.

I look forward to receiving the information I have requested within 40 days of your receipt of my original request.

Yours faithfully,

Should do the trick!!!:-)

I recieved my statements today:)

and calculated that i've been charged just under 1,500 without interest over the last 4 years. So I will post my pre-lim letter and a schedule of charges on Monday.....here goes:eek:

Posted letter before action and schedule of charges on 13th February 2007.