Littigation Friend

simonjohn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know If I can act as a littigation friend in court for my partner and present the case to the court should it come to it, as she gets a little wobbely at the thought of having to go to court.

By the way a gift voucher will be on its way to you next friday when I get paid.

"well would like to make it sooner, but dont want to go overdrawn and incurr a penalty charge do I" :lol::lol:

A litigation friend is a person who brings or defends proceedings on behalf of a child or a patient. See CPR 21 in the CPRs in the library.

You are referring to a lay representative.

The answer is yes but see the conditions for this in PD 27 (3) in the CPRs in the Library

A McKenzie friend is someone who sits behind and who may whisper advice to the litigant but does not act as an advocate.

then i might be able to attend

But it would depend on the dates.

Thats very kind of you stephen, may well take up your offer if it comes to court. Assuming such a court date does'nt clash with any of your personal comittments.

Guest stephen

No problem it is just that I also run an Employment Law company therefore certain days I will be in employment tribunals. When you get the allocation question let me know

• 13 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks