• Tweets

• The Notice to Hirer does not comply with the protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule  4 . This is before I ask if Europarks have sent you a copy of the PCN they sent to Arval along with a copy of the hire agreement et. if they haven't done that either you are totally in the clear and have nothing to worry about and nothing to pay. The PCN they have sent you is supposed to be paid by you according to the Act within 21 days. The chucklebuts have stated 28 days which is the time that motorists have to pay. Such a basic and simple thing . The Act came out in 2012 and still they cannot get it right which is very good news for you. Sadly there is no point in telling them- they won't accept it because they lose their chance to make any money out of you. they are hoping that by writing to you demanding money plus sending in their  unregulated debt collectors and sixth rate solicitors that you might be so frightened as to pay them money so that you can sleep at night. Don't be surprised if some of their letters are done in coloured crayons-that's the sort of  level of people you will be dealing with. Makes great bedding for the rabbits though. Euro tend not to be that litigious but while you can safely ignore the debt collectors just keep an eye out for a possible Letter of Claim. They are pretty rare but musn't be ignored. Let us know so that you can send a suitably snotty letter to them showing that you are not afraid of them and are happy to go to Court as you like winning.  
    • They did reply to my defence stating it would fail and enclosed copies of NOA, DN Term letter and account statements. All copies of T&C's that could be reconstructions and the IP address on there resolves to the town where MBNA offices are, not my location
    • Here are 7 of our top tips to help you connect with young people who have left school or otherwise disengaged.View the full article
    • My defence was standard no paperwork:   1.The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 2. Paragraph 1 is noted. The Defendant has had a contractual relationship with MBNA Limited in the past. The Defendant does not recognise the reference number provided by the claimant within its particulars and has sought verification from the claimant who is yet to comply with requests for further information. 3. Paragraph 2 is denied. The Defendant maintains that a default notice was never received. The Claimant is put to strict proof to that a default notice was issued by MBNA Limited and received by the Defendant. 4. Paragraph 3 is denied. The Defendant is unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served from either the Claimant or MBNA Limited. 5. On the 02/01/2023 the Defendant requested information pertaining to this claim by way of a CCA 1974 Section 78 request. The claimant is yet to respond to this request. On the 19/05/2023 a CPR 31.14 request was sent to Kearns who is yet to respond. To date, 02/06/2023, no documentation has been received. The claimant remains in default of my section 78 request. 6. It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of proof of assignment being sent/ agreement/ balance/ breach or termination requested by CPR 31.14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to: (a) show how the Defendant entered into an agreement; and (b) show and evidence the nature of breach and service of a default notice pursuant to Section 87(1) CCA1974 (c) show how the claimant has reached the amount claimed for; and (d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim; 7. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed. 8. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer credit Act 1974. 9. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.
    • Monika the first four pages of the Private parking section have at least 12 of our members who have also been caught out on this scam site. That's around one quarter of all our current complaints. Usually we might expect two current complaints for the same park within 4 pages.  So you are in good company and have done well in appealing to McDonalds in an effort to resolve the matter without having  paid such a bunch of rogues. Most people blindly pay up. Met . Starbucks and McDonalds  are well aware of the situation and seem unwilling to make it easier for motorists to avoid getting caught. For instance, instead of photographing you, if they were honest and wanted you  to continue using their services again, they would have said "Excuse me but if you are going to go to Mc donalds from here, it will cost you £100." But no they kett quiet and are now pursuing you for probably a lot more than £100 now. They also know thst  they cannot charge anything over the amount stated on the car park signs. Their claims for £160 or £170 are unlawful yet so many pay that to avoid going to Court. When the truth is that Met are unlikely to take them to Court since they know they will lose. The PCNs are issued on airport land which is covered by Byelaws so only the driver can be pursued, not the keeper. But they keep writing to you as they do not know who was driving unless you gave it away when you appealed. Even if they know you were driving they should still lose in Court for several reasons. The reason we ask you to fill out our questionnaire is to help you if MET do decide to take you to Court in the end. Each member who visited the park may well have different experiences while there which can help when filling out a Witness statement [we will help you with that if it comes to it.] if you have thrown away the original PCN  and other paperwork you obviously haven't got a jerbil or a guinea pig as their paper makes great litter boxes for them.🙂 You can send an SAR to them to get all the information Met have on you to date. Though if you have been to several sites already, you may have done that by now. In the meantime, you will be being bombarded by illiterate debt collectors and sixth rate solicitors all threatening you with ever increasing amounts as well as being hung drawn and quartered. Their letters can all be safely ignored. On the odd chance that you may get a Letter of Claim from them just come back to us and we will get you to send a snotty letter back to them so that they know you are not happy, don't care a fig for their threats and will see them off in Court if they finally have the guts to carry on. If you do have the original PCN could you please post it up, carefully removing your name. address and car registration number but including dates and times. If not just click on the SAR to take you to the form to send to Met.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Seahorse v RBoS **WON **

Seahorse
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having got my head around all this with starting my battle with Cabot (who really have p****d me off big time), I've started down the road with the RBoS over their unlawful charges. Decided to start off nicely with them, and went to my local branch to speak to an advisor. Let them know my concerns over recent charges (I last spoke to them in the middle of December without anyone getting back to me), and she has promised I'll hear back about it soon. BUT! Next question was, How can I get hold of previous statement? I think alarm bells were going off by then, but she is arranging to get ALL my statements, 13 years worth, for both accounts to me. Costing £20 as it's 2 accounts. I thought that this might be the way to start before banging off a demand for them. Get serious later if they fail to materialise. I'll take everything from there once they get here, as per the procedures outlined on the Forum.

However, I'm sure I read somewhere that in Scotland, you can chase them up for more than 6 years worth of charges. Does anyone know if this is correct, or should I just concentrate on the last 6 years regardless:idea:

Seahorse

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

However, I'm sure I read somewhere that in Scotland, you can chase them up for more than 6 years worth of charges. Does anyone know if this is correct, or should I just concentrate on the last 6 years regardless:idea:

Seahorse

Just read on another Forum that max in Scotland is 5 years. Anybody know for sure?

Well, how about that!?!? The missus has just let me know more statements have arrived going back to 1997, so I guess I'll have to read up on claiming back further than the 5 year Scottish limit. Anyone who knows much about that are more than welcome to put in their tuppeny worth here. Please!!! :o

Seahorse

• 2 weeks later...

NOW I'm angry!!!! Slightly O/T but still on the subject of the RBS.

Just had a call from the missus. We have a loan with them, and the usual date for it to come out is the middle of the month. In November we asked for it to change to the last banking day of the month. 15th December, bump. Out it comes. Went in to complain, was told it would now be sorted. Next thing is, a letter today saying we have defaulted on our payments and they expected a payment mid January!!!!! So obviously, they HAVEN'T changed our D/D date AGAIN!!!! So I guess that's more charges, possibly a default on my credit file, all because someone can't do their job properly. I AM JUST SO MAD!!!

It almost seems as if they know I'm going to be starting proceedings against them next month when I get home and are acting out of spite. But of course, they can't possibly know who I am from my user ID on here, so the only other explanation I can deduce is that they are total imbeciles. Allegedly.

No more Mr Nice Guy.

Seahorse

Hey SH, just so you know ppl are reading this, thought I'd say hello!! Not really sure with Scottish limits but sure someone can help. Good luck with it all.

With regards to your loan, if you have made contact with them in November and recently they should have footprints on your account that will prove you did make those calls. If they say there isn't, then write a very stern letter demanding them to resolve it - explain what you've done here and tell them you expect them to solve it and leave your credit file entact.

If they don't sort it, go for a SAR for your loan and instruct them you want all footprints on the account included. That should clear things up.

Btw, if you know this excuse the patronising explanation, but a footprint is a log that anyone who you speak to needs to leave on your account explaining what was said in the conversation.

HTH!!!

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Hey SH, back again. Just been reading someone else's thread and this "20 year limit in Scotland" was linked in it. The heading made me think to direct you to it, not read it so don't know if it will be of use but should make some interesting reading for you!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

AHA. Thanks for the link Taff. I've still got another week here, so plenty of time to read and learn before I get back and tear into them. I know there will be a footprint, cos I watched her log my complaint into her system the first time around. I'm STILL waiting to hear about getting a couple of charges refunded that I asked about before venturing on here, so they have had enough time to be helpful, and I know all my queries since about June are in there too. It was all done in my branch face to face, which is why I can't understand their ineptitude.

Now all I get is downright obstructiveness. The thing is, I remortgaged with them, and their attitude seems to be, they have me doing all my banking with them, so they just don't care any more. Well, the gloves are off. No piddly wee 5 year limit now, they are going to have to refund the lot.

Emma, in case you are reading this, why didn't you just do your job properly, you silly wee girl?

Looks like I'm going to be very busy from now on. I think I'd best plan a timetable properly so I don't lose track of where everything is at.

Seahorse

Well, having just read the thread and taken over an hour at it, my eyes have packed up for a while. (Silly me forgot to bring my specs to the States with me) However, it all got a bit heated in there, and I'm not sure there is a legal basis for going back further than the 5 years. However, it also appears that the banks are not sure of their ground either, and would prefer to settle rather than try it out in court. I assume on the basis that, although they may be in the right regarding the limitations, they would still need to defend their position regarding their charges. If I do go down this route, AND claim for contractual interest, over a period of 13 odd years, it might well come to the point where I'll need to to consult a lawyer.

I'll just have to be patient until I can get my hands on my statements. :|

Seahorse

Good luck Seahorse :) I was only with RBoS for 3 years banking and they took just under £800. Sent my preliminary and they received that today, so will now have to wait for there response.

RBoS

Settled At LBA £798

Barclaycard

Defence Filed, Waiting For Court Date

HSBC

LBA Sent 15-05-07, Still No Reply

Barclays

LBA Received 14-05-07, 2nd Holding Letter Sent To Me Stating Should Have Answer By 09-07-07

Well, now I am convinced they DO read my posts, and they do know who I am. (Being paranoid doesn't mean they AREN'T out to get you!!! ;))

Just spoken to the missus, who tells me the branch have become suddenly VERY helpful.. We shouldn't have had the letter, no charges on our account etc, etc. And we'll keep an check on your account all week to make sure nothing happens that shouldn't. WTF???? All very weird.

Oh, well. This time next week I should be at home and able to sit down and tot up my spreadsheet, then hit them with my prelim.

Seahorse

Good luck Seahorse :) I was only with RBoS for 3 years banking and they took just under £800. Sent my preliminary and they received that today, so will now have to wait for there response.

I was with RBOS for about 3 years too & I'm looking at just under £2000 in charges..........in one month I actually got stung for £420!!!!!!!

RBOS - Settled in Full

MBNA - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent, another offer made & rejected.Settled

CAP 1 - SAR Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent. Due to illness no further progress

i JUST GOT BACK HOME YESTERDAY, BUT JETLAG HAS ME UP AT SILLY O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING PLAYING WITH MY CHARGES (oops, caps lock :)) I think this is goint to take a little longer than I thought. So far, on our first account, from Nov 97 up to March 01, it's come to £1,404. NOT including interest charged, and not adding any interest at ll. No contractual, or statutory. All I'm thinking is B*&&$Y HELL!!! :eek: How much is the whole lot going to add up to??? I'll just have to plough on and see, I guess. Oh, well. Back to the spready.

Seahorse

Well, that's the first account done. Just a smidgin over 3k, before adding in contractual. There's also a few dodgy looking charges that seem to be way over the normal fees for the account, but I don't think I'd be able to pin them down as unfair charges, so I'll ignore them in the meantime. I have a feeling I'm going to need a solicitor if I go down the route of contractual, so I'll have to try to get the legalities fixed in my head first.

Right, now to start on the second account. Haven't had it open as long, but as it is supposed to be our bill paying account, I have a feeling that's where a lot of the charges will be. Here goes...

Seahorse

Well, that's the first account done. Just a smidgin over 3k, before adding in contractual. There's also a few dodgy looking charges that seem to be way over the normal fees for the account, but I don't think I'd be able to pin them down as unfair charges, so I'll ignore them in the meantime. I have a feeling I'm going to need a solicitor if I go down the route of contractual, so I'll have to try to get the legalities fixed in my head first.

Right, now to start on the second account. Haven't had it open as long, but as it is supposed to be our bill paying account, I have a feeling that's where a lot of the charges will be. Here goes...

Seahorse

This may help with the charges

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland-bank/57649-rbs-list-all-charges.html

There are quite a few cases of people winning with contractual interest without using a solicitor, are you sure you want to involve one?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/26172-mindzai-lucid-lloyds-tsb.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/45815-contractual-interest-another-settlement.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/25932-garyh-hsbc-including-contractual.html

There are quite a few cases of people winning with contractual interest without using a solicitor, are you sure you want to involve one?

Cheers for that lively. That shows pretty much what I'm claiming for. The ones I'm not too sure about vary between £15 (whch ties in with monthly charge for Royalties. Yes, silly me but back to a normal acc now), to £43. I can't see how to split it out, but I guess part of anything over and above the Royalties fee will be charges for unauthorised OD. There are seperate £3 charges, and I'm guessing too that they will be an authorized OD fee. I think I'll be cheeky and ask my branch to clarify, cos over the nearly 10 years, it'll ramp the amount up a fair bit.

No, not sure about a solicitor. But bearing in mind the costs involved in going for quite a hefty refund, I'd like to have a bit of muscle in my corner. Perhaps if I can understand in my own mind exactly why it's fair to claim the contractual, it won't be necessary. But at the moment, I'm having trouble convincing myself it would be fair, so how to persuade a judge in that case?

What I really need to do is go through all the contractual cases and see if I can make it all gel in my head.

Anyhoo... need to take a break and sort the horses out. :)

Seahorse

Hey SH. Reference your varying charges, you are correct, you need to strip out royalties charges from it then claim back the rest. I've got a definitive explanation of deciphering RBS charges here. That along with lively's list of charges should sort you out..

OK, I've now got the info I need regarding fees (but I'm almost going to wish I hadn't as I'm going to have to sort through several hundred statements again ;) I said ALMOST).

Interest paying current account - Free

Royalties - £6/month

Royalties gold - £12/month

Royalties premier - £15/month

How daft was I? Fees for benefits I hardly use, if at all. Oh, except for preferential interest rates on a loan I probably wouldn't have needed if it hadn't been for them and their Turpin-like activities.

OK, spready time again, and by heck, is this going to send the claim soaring. Woohoo!!!

Seahorse

Oh, dear. I think I need to lie down. I've come over all soon-to-be-rich.

Discounting agreed fees, Royalties fees etc, I have come up with the following on my main account...

Total penalties - £4479.59

Interest on penalties - £215.97

Total RBos owe me - £4695.56

Enough to have my little heart pounding on it's own. But WAIT, there's MORE. If I pop in a rate of 29.9% (RBoS's unauthorized borrowing rate, I believe), all of a sudden, I find the blighters should REALLY be handing over a tidy little £21223.93!!!!

Just on one account. I need to finish off the spready for the other one tomorrow. OOERR, MISSUS. :o

Anyone think I should adjust the percentage, or does it seem reasonable to bash them with that figure? I'm going to have to spend a little time trawling the success stories for some indication of how they'll behave when faced with a claim like that.

Time for a rest. More financial shenanigins tomorrow.

Seahorse

No this is the correct rate - any other and you're making it up which wouldn't look good. I believe you should also keep a note of the 8% calculations (for your reference only) so that should the judge refuse you CI (ok jumping a few steps now!) you can "settle" for 8%. Don't get carried away! The CI road is a long one......

Couple of people to look for - there are two site helpers who currently have CI claims going on with RBS - one is livelylad and the other is mcuth (I think?). Don't really know of the progress up to date as I've not been in their threads for a while. Another one to read through is this one. He has just successfully claimed CI against Barclaycard. The reason I find this so useful is his letter writing and arguments are so well put together.....

Aye, I'm trying to pare out the relevant threads for inspiration Taff. Glenn's is particularly interesting, as I'm needing to go for Barclaycard too. I am getting it all straight in my head the more I read, but I'm needing to concentrate my efforts on the RBS and Cabot (or Car Boot as my missus likes to call them) until I have the time to sit back and wait for answers to prlims etc. Although I'm nearly there figure-wise with the RBS, I need to worry away att a rough draft for the letter with them. CarBoot(Europe) I can ignore for a few days, as their statutory time is nearly up, but I'm going to have to go through another delay when I bang in a CCA to their invisible partners, Kings Hill No 1 (or Cabot Financial (UK) as they seem to prefer now). More rope required there methinks, to allow them to perform the old Saddam Hussein party trick. There are a couple of REALLY interesting threads involving that particular shower of rogues. (It's OK mods, it can't be libel, as Mr Maynard used the term to describe me in an official publication, so I'd just hit him with a couter claim if he tried to sue. Well, not me personally, but us rogue customers in general ;))

STILL not sync'd with UK time, so it's work into the wee small hours time again. :)

Seahorse

OK, latest update, then I must try to get some sleep.

Yes, I'm going to try the CI route, and see what Mr Judge thinks in a few months time (see, mentally preparing for this one to go all the way). Reason being is, even without the compound interest, figures are so big anyway it's going to be an expensive risk, so I might as well prepare for a hard slog. Fortunately, I'm not desperate for the cash, so I'm not worried how long this drags on for, and the other threads have convinced me I'll win in the end.

Right, as mentioned yesterday, final tally for the main account is £21,223.93. Just finished the second account, and it tots up to a nice, healthy £9,080.59. Making a Grand Total of £30,304.52

There were a few suspect entries knocking about that I couldn't quite pin down, so I've given them the benefit of the doubt. But in the grand scheme of things, I don't think it matters too much overall. What's a couple of hundred really, when it's catapulted into the realms of tens of thousands.

Even if it ends up in court and I get knocked back to the 8% SI, it will still mean a rather respectable £11k or so. Not exactly a consolation prize, and still better in my pocket than theirs.

Time for a nap. My brain hurts.

Seahorse

OK, here's my prelim ready to go off. If anybody spots anything glaringly off with it, please let me know before I pop it down to the post office. ;)

Customer Relations Manager

The Royal Bank of Scotland Plc

Freepost, PO Box 1727

Edinburgh EH12 9JN

Request for repayment of charges

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: ACCOUNT NUMBERS: xxxx and xxxx. SORT CODE: xx-xx-xx

My request

I am writing to ask you to refund to me the charges which you have levied from my account since 10th November 1997.

I now understand that the regime of fees which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent consumer regulations. If you say that they are not, then will you please demonstrate this by letting me have a full breakdown of the costs to which you have been put by as a result of my breaches, in order to reassure me that your penalties really do reflect your actual costs.

Additionally, it has now been confirmed that your particularly high level of penalties are considered to be unfair per se by the OFT who reported on the 5th April 2006, and are therefore presumed to be unlawful in the absence of specific proof to the contrary.

Your responsibilities

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

I consider that your repeated representations that your charges are fair and reasonable are deceptive and that they have deceived me into agreeing to pay them.

Your concealment of the true nature of your charges has prevented me from asserting my right until now. As a result of such concealment, it is my belief that the Statute of Limitations does not apply in this case, and you will note that I am requesting that you refund to me those charges which I deem unlawful from the date of the first statement of account that is available to me, rather than restricting my claim to a five year period.

What I require

I calculate that you have taken £7,222.35, plus £387.53 which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £7,609.88. I also request that you refund me £22648.76 in contractual interest, which I have calculated as of the date of this letter at your unauthorised overdraft rate of 29.84%. This brings my total to £30,258.64.

The account’s Terms and Conditions specify the interest payable on unauthorised drawings from the account. I believe that this applies to unauthorised drawings by you as well as unauthorised drawings by me. I therefore believe that I am entitled to ask for this rate and further that it is justifiable under the principle of mutuality and reciprocity, and is based on your unauthorised overdraft interest rate that would be applied under the terms of the above mentioned account.

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter.

My targets to resolve this matter

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you will prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I will give you 14 days to reply to me accepting, unconditionally, my request in principle and letting me know a date by which I will receive payment.

If you do not respond, or you do not respond positively within this time period, I shall send you a letter before action giving you a further 14 days in which to reflect. I believe that these targets are more than sufficient for a large company such as yours with dedicated staff and departments.

After that, there will be no further communication from me and I shall issue a claim at the expiry of the second deadline.

Yours Faithfully,

Seahorse

• 2 weeks later...

Well, reply to my prelim received yesterday with the usual, we are invstigating blurb. OK, just need to wait out the fortnight now, and have a think about the next stage.

However, I've not been sitting on me jacksey twiddling my thumbs aimlessly. I've been scouring the threads for a glimmer of hope that I might be able to go down the Ordinary Cause route on my own, but it looks like I'll have to get myself a solicitor after all. There's absolutely no prospect of splitting a claim this big to get it in under the limits for summary cause, never mind small claims, so it's off to Yellow Pages to let my fingers do the walking.

Lively, I've had a look at the threads you mentioned, but this is going to be in Scotland, and for considerably more than those claims. I really do think I need to get the heavies in. :(

Seahorse

• Haha 1