BankFodder BankFodder

Yorkyclaims

Exhaust Query

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4845 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I need help!!

My exhaust has just fallen off my car!!!

Just under 2 years ago it was blowing and I had the box bit at the rear replaced at a cost of £55. It had a 2 year guarantee.

This time it is the pipe that connects the 2 box's together which has dropped at the front end.

They have told me I need a middle and rear at a cost of £103.60..

I explained the rear was still under guarantee with them, and they laughed and said it doesn't work like that, the back is fine, but as it is the pipe that is faulty the back will need to be replaced too...

Does this sound right???????

If the back is fine, wouldn't it just be cheaper to do the middle pipe only??

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

Hello,

I need help!!

My exhaust has just fallen off my car!!!

Just under 2 years ago it was blowing and I had the box bit at the rear replaced at a cost of £55. It had a 2 year guarantee.

This time it is the pipe that connects the 2 box's together which has dropped at the front end.

They have told me I need a middle and rear at a cost of £103.60..

I explained the rear was still under guarantee with them, and they laughed and said it doesn't work like that, the back is fine, but as it is the pipe that is faulty the back will need to be replaced too...

Does this sound right???????

If the back is fine, wouldn't it just be cheaper to do the middle pipe only??

Yes and no.

Yes it would be cheaper just to replace the pipe. However, it may not be possible to separate the joint between the pipe and the rear box, so both need replacing as a pair.

If they are any good, they should attempt a pipe only repair and only replace the rear box if it becomes damaged. Of course, if they are cowboys, the rear box will becone damaged anyway.