style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If your creditors are hassling you, they may be breaching OFT debt collection guidelines. Are they bullying you into making payments you can't afford? Advising you to borrow, from other institutions or even from your own family, to pay off the debt? Demanding payment in full? Implying that they can send you to prison for non-payment? The document laying out these guidelines are in the post above, in .pdf format.

There is also a ready-made complaints form on the Office of Fair Trading's website, in a .doc format. Every complaint is another step towards getting dodgy DCAs' licenses revoked. Don't hesitate!

http://www.oft.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/B3999175-A9BC-469D-AD5B-BA284DE36E01/0/complaint.DOC

• Haha 6

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think all the above links apart from the complaints form relate to a consultation paper from 2002.

The following link is to:

Debt collection guidance

Final guidance on unfair business practices

July 2003 (updated December 2006)

which may be more accurate and up to date.

• 2 months later...
If your creditors are hassling you, they may be breaching OFT debt collection guidelines. Are they bullying you into making payments you can't afford? Advising you to borrow, from other institutions or even from your own family, to pay off the debt? Demanding payment in full? Implying that they can send you to prison for non-payment? The document laying out these guidelines are in the post above, in .pdf format.

There is also a ready-made complaints form on the Office of Fair Trading's website, in a .doc format. Every complaint is another step towards getting dodgy DCAs' licenses revoked. Don't hesitate!

http://www.oft.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/B3999175-A9BC-469D-AD5B-BA284DE36E01/0/complaint.DOC

This complaint form is no longer on the OFT site :(

Claims:

bgqs v Barclays (Claim No.1) - Claim Issued 16/3/07 Await Defence to be Entered - Data Protection Act Non-Compliance - *WON

bgqs v Barclays (Claim No.2) - Prelim Letter Sent (Charges + s.68 Interest) - 16/3/07 - *WON

bgqs v Halifax - Prelim Letter Sent (Charges +C.I Interest) - 16/3/07 - *WON

*Paid Deposit on New House with my Winnings !

It worked ok for me on post 7..

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 4 weeks later...

Re: OFT Guidelines on Debt Collection.

Hi Team, first post so please bare with me!

I have just been talking to a man in the complaints dept. at the OFT about 0870 'phone numbers, THEY (they OFT) wan't to know! "They are looking into Banking practices at the moment" They want to hear from YOU if, under Section 2.2 Examples of unfair practices para h Asking or instructing debtors to make contact on PREMIUM RATE 'PHONE NUMBERS and under Physical/Psychological Harassment Section 2.5 para f Pressure debtors to pay in full, in unreasonably large installments or to increase payments when they are unable to do so.

They ALL do this, I know.

If the OFT gets enough complaints they will act. If the complaints are upheld they - the DCA's, Credit Card Cos, banks etc stand to have thier licences revoked.

So PLEASE COMPLAIN to the OFT I Have.

Hope this made sense

Viano

• 2 weeks later...

All above links are not working at the mo...

Error - page not found

We have recently updated our website and the page you have requested may have been moved or archived.

Please return to our home page to find the information you are looking for or press the 'back' button on your browser to return to the previously viewed page.

:|

Aha! this one does! :)

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have just been threatened with court action from"robinson way "debt agency.I am on a payment plan ,paying £20 a month and because I missed 1 payment in december ,they have sent me an N1 form from Northampton county court.It seems a bit strange that they,ve done this as i have missed the odd payments in the past and they,ve never gone this far,its only since i,ve lodged a complaint with the F.O.S against "capital one " that its happened.The amount that" capital one " has took off me in unlawfull charges,is near enough the same as thier trying to get me in court for.Robinson way bought the same debt off capital one .I have put in an acknowledgement to the court to get more time to prepare a defence.Has anyone else had a similar experience ,any advice would be greatly appriciated. thanks angnnig

• 2 months later...