BankFodder BankFodder

Millennium

Accounts in Joint names

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4841 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have a account with my partner, does anyone know if I need to take the bank to court in joint names, or whether I can do this on my own on behalf of both of us?

Hi Millennium - my claim is for a joint account and I have done all the paperwork in just my name (however, the cheque for settlement will be in joint names;) ). I believe that as long as the account is accessible for any one party at a time, ie. you don't both have to turn up at the bank to withdraw money etc. then you're OK. If they query it you can always get your partner to forward a letter of authorisation.

Good Luck - Jackie

Abbey: Settled - now for no. 2

Dudley Building Society : claim dismissed - no costs

London Scottish: settled in full :oops:

Capital One - settled in full :p

"Energy and persistence conquer all things" Benjamin Franklin

Any advice, information and thoughts given by me are just my humble opinion

Jackie

That's great, thank you. Both of us can access the account so it shouldn't be a problem.

Regards

Richard